What era of PBS did you grow up on?

What era of PBS did you grow up on?

Attached: pbskids.jpg (1038x576, 41.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2if743qbpQc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=2if743qbpQc

i wasn't a poorfag so i didn't watch pbs

Isn't PBS free? It was free in my area... Or did you not have a TV?

>when Mr Rogers or Julia Child died, they get millions of tributes
>when Shari Lewis died, she gets memory holed
Did she piss PBS off right before she died?

He's saying he has shit taste.

Attached: PBS_1971_id.svg.png (1024x1024, 59.43K)

Attached: pbs-logo.png (1280x1280, 38.72K)

>WORD UP

Did anyone else hate PBS when young? Always thought Arthur was lame. And I'm happy that trash that lasted decades finally ended. I curse educational shows because they have always been shit. To hell with Bluey, Word Girl, Elinor Wonders Why and everything. You want to educate the next generation, leave that to the fathers and mothers and if they don't have time? That's their problem, why start a family if you're not going to put the time in. Bastards.

word girl, ruff ruff man, Martha, wild kratts are what I remember most. Some Kenny the shark and Maya and Miguel but not a lot. I used to watch a lot of sprout when I was younger too

Attached: c406152bc492b0e19962235c736ffa73.jpg (2700x1800, 539.37K)

>wasn’t a poorfag
user…

Well, what did you watch when you were 3?

Look if you're going to watch cartoons you watch cartoons that were entertaining like Looney Tunes Classic Shorts or maybe something colorful and engaging like the Avatar. The point is educational trash is simply trash. And I do find adults who discuss Bluey to be repulsive annoying bastards who should be killed.

I didn't hate it, but I was often underwhelmed and I got annoyed when they would interrupt the shows to beg for money. Also since we didn't have cable I wanted to watch the other shows.

Maybe but from the parent's perspective they probably would feel better if the stuff their kids watched were at least somewhat edifying. Parents often put their kids in front of the TV because they're just too busy or stressed to spend time with them, due to work or whatever, but that doesn't mean they don't care at all about the child. Also, I might be a freak but I actually liked edutainment growing up, though we didn't even have cable.

>tfw you realize why your dad would watch The Big Comfy Couch with you
Probably where I get my thing for clown girls. Also Puzzle Place, Wishbone, and Arthur were great staples of weekday afternoons. That's until Fox Kids and Kids WB started doing the same.

Attached: VagueOblongBarb-max-1mb.gif (300x169, 778.05K)

PBS didn’t help your reading comprehension.

Ahhh! Sorry, there were too many negatives in the sentence and I got confused!! Aww jeez...

Attached: 1645604977979.jpg (1920x1080, 344.03K)

>left-leaning friend says all corporations are evil
>"But what about the corporation for public broadcasting?"
Heheh, checkmate cummunists!

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?! IT LOOKS LIKE GRANMA, THE DAMN THING!

Attached: Ttark.png (507x369, 337.55K)

I generally grew up with the stuff from the early Dot and Dash era such as Clifford, Dragon Tales, Between the Lions, and Cyberchase, but my favorites tended to be holdovers from the P-Pals era such as Arthur, Magic School Bus and Bill Nye.

Attached: P-Pals_ID_(1993,_e-i_variant).png (640x480, 202.41K)