Why they have gone to shit?

Why they have gone to shit?

Attached: DreamWorks_Animation_SKG_logo_with_fishing_boy.svg.png (1200x708, 64.53K)

I thought httyd 2 was good, wym-
>2014
oh.

Troll hunters tho

Katzenberg jumped ship after RotG flopped.
It it killed off serious storytelling in their movies and they started to focus on comedy.

it's sad how Dreamworks' most famous work and what made them a household name, Shrek, wasn't even made in-house at their L.A facility. It was made by Pacific Data Images at Palo Alto back when Dreamworks only owned 40% of them (they adquired PDI completely in february 2000, when Shrek was near completion)

Illumination bought them out.

the Sinbad film was such a miscalculation. After the failure of El Dorado and success of Shrek, it was obvious that CG was their future. They still had to release Spirit because it was almost finished, but there was no logic in making another 2D film. As it turned out, Sinbad flopped and almost bankrupted the studio

>Treasure Planet : november 2002
>Sinbad : july 2003
i can imagine Katzenberg's frustration in those last months. If Treasure Planet couldn't find an audience, then what chances would Sinbad have? He probably realized that he fucked up, but it was too late to do anything

Uncertainty about some IPs failing and trying to recapture older hits. When Shrek came out, they wanted to capitalize on comedies, then when Kung Fu Panda came out, they wanted to make serious movies. They’ve been trying to come to grips with their failures and hits, and when Disney themselves got into the CG scene full time and Illumination stole their wacky comedy money, they were left with no real niches to thrive in.

>Sinbad : july 2
>Curse of the Black Pearl : july 9
doesn't help that it got released a week before a much better pirates film

What does it matter if they have a niche or not, its not like theyve been making good movies that flop because there was no audience for it, they just make bad movies

the only thing they really make is quirky talking animal/monster buddy comedies with pop culture references

Honestly, I unironically miss the edgier early Dreamworks films like Shrek and Madagascar, it gave them more of an identity compared to Disney & Pixar’s more magical and wholesome approach.

Kung Fu Panda, HTTYD and Megamind are all fantastic films but a lot of their experimental films that took a much more lighthearted take like Trolls, Boss Baby and Home honestly suck ass and making them lose their touch.

That Puss in Boots movie coming out this year actually looks good.
Much more impressive than what Pixar has been shitting out for the last 5+ years.

>what's Coco, Luca, Turning Red

Three wastes of hundreds of millions of dollars and precious electricity and computer components.

Kill yourself.

>Why have they gone to shit?
it all has
your media religion is dying
lol

>2016-2018

So it's true that there are disneysharts in Any Forums

>Tom Thumb pushes Thumbelina in front of him before they're swept by tray
i hate Shrek 2's coarse humor

Attached: Screenshot_20220316-022720.png (1440x720, 790.35K)