Snyder should have done straight comic adaptions

The Dark Knight Returns is one of the biggest Batman comics ever made, and the Death of Superman is one of the biggest Superman comics ever made.
Batman V Superman tries combining them, but it comes out a silly bloated mess. Doomsday is just tacked on, and if you were unaware of the comic it would be impossible to follow. Batman doesn't go through the same arc he had in The Dark Knight Returns, and his fight with Superman seems more like something that happens just cause it has to happen
I dislike the Snyderverse, it's just not good. But, I disagree with the anti-Snyder posters on this board a lot too.
300 is a great movie, and it's very true to the comic it's based on.
Watchmen is a great movie too, even if it took some creative liberties from the comic many disagreed with
What I realize is, Snyder should have just made a movie based on Dark Knight Returns. Played straight, just like the movie. The mutant gang, Carrie Kelly, Ronald Reagan, all of it should have been on screen. Starring Ben Affleck. It would have been leagues greater than Batman V Superman
Yes, we did just have The Dark Knight Rises which took some elements from Dark Knight Returns, but the stories are so vastly different from one another that I don't think the audience would mind. The only real similarity is Bruce Wayne being retired in the beginning and coming out of retirement
Death of Superman, again, that would be a great movie. Just a straightforward adaption of Death of Superman, directed by Zack Snyder starring Henry Caville.
The common practice of not adapting comics but rather using elements of certain comics to create new stories often works, but in Snyder's case he really should have just followed the comics beat for beat.

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 8.19.26 PM.png (982x1210, 2M)

Why are you linking Any Forums?

This movie should have just been "World's Finest". The reason TDKR in particular the fight at the end worked is because Bruce and Clark had been friends for decades and now it's all come to this! It just wasn't earned. They should have just frankly copied the DCAU version of their first meeting. It would have been great. But Snyder was obsessed with making Watchmen again.

DKR would be awful as a 1:1 live action adaptation. Some parts are barely passable in its own dumb medium.

>boring low effort sneederbot thread is low effort

>This movie should have just been "World's Finest".
Ah but user. BVS is a world finest movie

read the post before responding.

Snyder shouldn't have made BvS or MoS to begin with. I'm still seething that DC has no good cinematic universe. And they fucking wasted Cavill.

Snyder shouldn't have touched comic adaptations at all

seethe even more then

Why do we need cinematic universes? Why can’t they just make a bunch of good unrelated stand-alones?

UMMMMMMMM...BECAUSE THEY JUST DO OKAY????

because we must consume.

Because I wanna see these characters interact and go on adventures and shit. Just like the comics. Why can't we have both standalone films and big team up events?

>DC Cinematic Universe
>DC Elseworlds
Use the Elseworlds label for movies and tv shows that arent apart of the cinematic universe. Directors can use DC characters to make new stories or even just adapt Elseworlds comics. We can have both. Problem is DC/WB have terrible leadership.

Good morning sir

good morning man.

>Why can't we have both standalone films and big team up events?
how is this not exactly what you're already getting? The Batman and Joker are standalone, Black Adam and Shazam 2 and Flash are big team-up event movies

Trips of truth

>Superman and DCEU Batman are absent
>First Flash film is a team up event
The standalone stuff is great. But the DCEU is fucked rn. They're constantly in crisis mode. They dont seem to plan stuff out. You dont need to have master grand plan but you gotta at least know what direction you're going in. And if the Flash bombs critically they'll panic again and wont reboot. It would be so much easier to just reboot and start again from Superman.