What's the point of creating a fanfiction and completely changing the setting, themes and characterization...

What's the point of creating a fanfiction and completely changing the setting, themes and characterization? Why not just make your own IP?

Attached: fanfiction(1).png (1000x1000, 354.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qQzdAsjWGPg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it's boring

Answer the question

yeah i've never been into the huge changes you see in some fics, especially those absolutely dreadful ones like coffee shop and high school/college au's

Because no one will care what you have to offer, they'll ignore it in favor of the newest reboot/spinoff instead

Better question, how many times are you going to make this thread?

To go back to OP's point, if you take the Scooby-Doo gang and have them investigate a grisly murder and have sex, that's fine. Because while the cartoon was innocent, innocence wasn't the *point*. If the write a story about three women driving around to quilting bees with their pet cat and call it a Scooby-Doo fanfic, it's shit. That's my point.

Some don’t intend to. Fanfiction is practice for some people to improve writing.

youtu.be/qQzdAsjWGPg

Why do you care?

Why are you spamming this thread? You already got replies last time. Seems like you're more interested in venting.

What's the point of reposting your thread when it got a reasonable amount of replies last time?

Why do you care?

that's fair

Or for wannabe writers to make a buck from commissioning because they can't hack it yet

It's not "wrong". It's just shit. You can walk into a store, buy something, break it, and throw it away. It's not "wrong" to do it. It's just pointless destruction and a shit thing to do.

Do you also go to the local playground and yell at children for playing with their toys the wrong way too?

I can’t believe we live in an age where people can make money off of writing unofficial fanfiction, what a time to be alive.

Because fuck you I what I want.

I mean seriously, it's a bit insulting for comedic value but that's really all there is to it. "Because I can" is the only reason anyone needs. I can understand the sentiment behind your question, in the context of the board theme I wouldn't have the slightest problem with all these "New Iron Man" "New Thor" "New Superman" "Black Spiderman" ect ect ect if they where just original characters and not "AND NOW SUPERMAN IS GAY! TAKE THAT TRUMP!"

But to get upset about it, and yes you are this is Any Forums and you made a topic to call people the stoopid, when it has no actual effect on you is just being what we used to call "A Hater." Don't be a hater user.

I mean that's why I tell the cops I'm hanging around, yeah.

You write smut that could happen within the setting

Attached: tumblr_f9da8d3a28724d239f315ea130a1f406_7c049ea8_640.jpg (640x877, 100.33K)