She feels guilty for being part of the species that tried to fuck over the planet she was born in

>she feels guilty for being part of the species that tried to fuck over the planet she was born in
>this arc goes nowhere
>in contrast with ruby/sapphire/pearl, she didn't grow up with homeworld culture and thus doesn't see anything wrong with things like shapeshifting and eating
>this is never even noted, these characters never even think about the fact that theyre still holding onto old outdated values
>she feels inadequate and compares herself to literally a perfect quartz
>steven kinda just says ''same'' and they forget about it
>is bothered that the crystal gems idolize rose too much and are living 3000 years in the past
>this is resolved in 1 episode and never talked again
>is actually the first one to note steven needs a break and should just enjoy being a kid while he can
>this issue comes back in future, she's got nothing to say about it suddenly
Why does she have so much wasted potential? Why couldn't they stop sucking Pearl's dick and give the other crystal gems attention? Even Centi got better stuff than her.

Attached: artworks-dycvpozfdiW5GtPZ-qo9fdA-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 79.64K)

She's the latina of the group, and that means she's thrown away after they use her up.
It sucks user

You're complaining that she doesn't spend her days moping, crying or trowing tantrums like every other gem? That's the point of her character! She keeps things inside while keeping a happy face until things blow up, she realizes what she did was stupid, actually learns from her mistakes and doesn't bring the same shit up over and over again because she already dealt with it. She's the only healthy, normal person in the entire show besides Pewdee and that's BAD?

>>in contrast with ruby/sapphire/pearl, she didn't grow up with homeworld culture and thus doesn't see anything wrong with things like shapeshifting and eating
>>this is never even noted, these characters never even think about the fact that theyre still holding onto old outdated values
It’s really more shown. Take for instance Future in Snow Day with the fusions

I love Garnet

Attached: 1637168538750(1).jpg (539x1304, 96.32K)

Crystal Gems were pretty liberal for Homeworld standards. They thought it was quirky, not immoral

still cuto tho and she got the best song in the movie.

>Why does she have so much wasted potential?
She was in Steven Universe.

Attached: Bruno leaves the Passione.gif (367x206, 1.68M)

I never actually saw her as latina, I always just thought she was a stonky gal that hardly cares about how she looks and doesn't fuss about it.

I love Peridot

Attached: 1642367090802.jpg (684x1200, 283.95K)

She had the best character development in the show and I fucking love her.

Attached: Ammy 2.png (500x512, 102K)

same

Amethyst is best older sister.

The reason Amethyst feels the most guilt over what the Gems did to Earth is multi-layered. Amethyst thinks of herself as an Earthling more than the other Gems do, since it's the only home she's ever known, so she's crushed knowing that her own creation was directly related to the Earth being rendered inhospitable. Amethyst is also the only Gem who never got to rebel against the Gem empire-- all she'd been able to do for milennia was help pick up the broken pieces. She only recently got her chance at retribution, and I think that that's what finally allowed her to let go of her guilt.

>>she feels guilty for being part of the species that tried to fuck over the planet she was born in
I never even understood this one desu. Literally EVERY single gem in existence was made in the exact same way, why is it all of a sudden a big deal when it comes to Amethyst? Pearl, Peridot, Ruby, Sapphire, none of them care that they were created by draining the life out of a planet, it's just the way gems reproduce, but when it comes to Amethyst suddenly it's a problem? This episode always felt to me like it was just angst for the sake of angst.

Attached: 1584634079192.gif (480x466, 3.98M)

No nigga. There's a difference between a character getting over their issues, and the writer just dropping the topic and never addressing them.

>Pearl, Peridot, Ruby, Sapphire, none of them care that they were created by draining the life out of a planet,
Because they’re not on the planets they were made from

That just makes the Crystal Gems look like a bunch of assholes.
>"Yea, we drained the life of planets when we were born, but fuck those planets, no one cares about them. We don't live there so what does it matter."
Like how much more self centered could they possibly get?

Earth is just more important, sorry.

The gems are assholes. They don't even care about Earth, they just defend it cause Rose told them to.

she is purple

Well it’s kinda like coming from a shittty town except you’re still there as an adult

Probably some guilt tripping from rose, possibly inadvertently. She's one of the creations that we're gonna destroy the planet the person she loved the most fought to protect and she sees herself as a literal monster because she came out weird and malformed.