Any Forums keeps insisting the film doesn't have creepy undertones despite lines like this

>Any Forums keeps insisting the film doesn't have creepy undertones despite lines like this

Attached: 1647270521313.png (1906x1019, 2.42M)

Canadians are just naturally cringy

nigga just post in another thread

>honey you can't be a fur fag
>ugh my fursona my choice mom!

i think people are exaggerating about the movie, and are missing the point about it, but this line was genuinely fucking weird

People have been saying "my body my choice" in relation to things that are not abortion for years. Hell, just in the last 2 years we have seen it adopted as an anti-mask slogan

this was the only line I genuinely thought was dumb.

>but this line was genuinely fucking weird
It's similar to the Zootopia line of, 'Bunnies can call EACH OTHER cute...". Like, we get it. You're talking about nigga. But you're kind of fucking up your own metaphor when you do that. All it takes is one crappy line of dialogue for you to ruin a bunch of other elements in your script. It's kind of why you need to be wary about everything you're saying and not just blow things off as, "It's a dumb little joke!" and hope nobody looks into it.

Mei's line is cringe but throwaway. It just sounds like a play on some shit she may have heard in passing, since I imagine "my body my choice" is a phrase in her world too, since it's Earth. But really it has no impact on the story or the world around them. Making cute the n word in Zootopia is a bigger deal. It's lore-defining.

Turning into some superpowered panda is way better than periods, yet it tries to make a metaphor for something that doesn't work. A guy with rock hard boner powers would fuck everyone up and be the most obnoxious faggot about his powers while everyone else would be jealous of him. Unless everyone has the potential to become some polymorph creature then you basically have the power nobody else in the world has.

Attached: 1645423717151.jpg (800x533, 52.98K)

Where the metaphor broke down for me was when all of her older family members gave up the power, but she didn’t. The period thing doesn’t really work there- it didn’t seem like they were doing a birth control metaphor at all, and that would be the only way it’d fit with periods. I guess in that part the panda was more like a metaphor for female sexuality? But that doesn’t feel right either, because I don’t think any of those women seemed like they were quite giving up on their sexualities. At least three of them had children.

>my panda, my choice, mom

>red panda is no longer a panda, transitioned into polar bear

It's almost like symbols can represent different things at different times and aren't meant to be 1:1 representations

It was a mixed metaphor about periods and your general "being yourself and happy in your skin" situation. The movies okay, I wouldn't put it up there with the greats but I'm also not a kid anymore so it's hard to be objective on how much "better" older Pixar was ( some were objectively better than more recent movies however). I am also not a woman so I dont relate to the woman puberty and social aspects, but they seem to like it

Jesus it's a fucking kids' movie about a rabbit who becomes a cop

Okay but what’s your interpretation on the moms and aunties giving up the power? Because I’m having trouble making sense of it, even if I canaccept that the panda could be symbolic of more than one thing.

I think it was meant to come off as way more playful than it actually did. That's one problem with making woke "jokes", if they don't land, it's more awful than a regular joke and you invoked that shit for nothing.

Symbols should work consistently on one level first before tackling multiple different meanings

spotted the fag.

Attached: puritians-wherewereyou.png (907x729, 667.3K)

Not the same thing

Not that user, but I really do think this one is just a cigar or in other words, it really is just the surface level of "it's impractical and inconvenient to turn into a giant furry whenever you feel a strong emotion".

exactly how is two dogs watching an actual stripper strip on public television for all kids of all ages to watch better exactly?

Only of you are going for analogy, semiotic value is inherent and multiple in any symbol.

If you find that creepy it's your fault for having a dirty mind.

Attached: Now listen here.jpg (1060x996, 224.94K)

She just wants to have animal ears and a tail, what's wrong about that besides looking stupid?

So what's the problem here?

Because dogs are not role models.

One is a one-off joke targeting adults which will go over most kids' heads, the other is Turning Red which is trying to have a serious message

So in otherwords. If there was no message in this movie, you would be fine with it?

I bet you don't even know the full context of the scene to get the joke. It's not a psuedo - social/political statement the way Turning Red is.

Oh yes user, I'm sure that a million kids will watch the silly panda movie and start twerking instead of just buying a panda plush.

They needed a shoe to get into a super market. what did i win? a you are a fucking puritans zoomer award?

The movie is literally supposed to relate to kids through the allegory of puberty and periods. You are a midwit.

They went there to get a shoe. I haven't watch that episode in 20 years and I can still recall them yelling the girl for the shoe, like some feetfag or something

Yeah, see how that's actually funny?

Now why does Mei twerk? Oh yeah because she's mad at her mom. Not the same.

Okay, tell me what you think kids are going to do once they finish the movie exactly

she's a canon slut and I love it

Attached: 1641770349537.jpg (926x926, 185.58K)

No, she is distracting her mom, not the same. You didn't watch the movie are py getting context clues from the posts here, aren't you?

Argue with their parents more, probably, and western parents will cuck themselves into letting their kids have full bodily autonomy and sexual liberation because they don't want to be seen as cringe boomers.

It works because her mom is angry at her. You are just upset because it is not "your style of humor". There goes monty python and their trans jokes. You are just a whinny pertain who just woke up after being in a coma for the last 50 years.

Funniest shit I've read all day, thanks.

The movie has a lot of "use your body to get attention" themes. There certainly isn't an underlying motive to this, the Disney corporation is innocent and the people in charge of it have never been pedophiles.

so you have never been around kids either. got it.it shows.

>Two sets of ears

Fuck off with this trash

Why does she have two sets of ears? I can't jerk off to this

It's not humor, it's just retarded.

Well, the humor is is retarded amd basically "haha she's shaking her BUTT". It's on the same level as a fart joke.

women being incaple of writing anything other than "muh period"

I hate that every time I watch this movie I wonder if Mei is going to become a super hero and if other supernatural stuff in that world exists outside of Chinese spiritualism

Kids have more and more behavioral issues with every passing year, but you probably don't notice that because you're mentally ill yourself and probably think parents are too strict.

why the fuck does "not hiding your true self" have to include her being a fucking furfag when not full panda?

old man yells at cloud. sorry you got old.

one pair for hearing, another one for bed stuff
it's common user, you're just too oldschool

Attached: 1617764104296.webm (1920x1024, 2.46M)

Probably, the reason I don't like the film is that whatever metaphor they were trying to go for is clumsily implemented and inconsistent so the film's message becomes unclear