Why do people think that stoping a suicide is heroic?

Why do people think that stoping a suicide is heroic?

Attached: 1645405822556.jpg (1866x1691, 696.85K)

People who attempt suicide by falling admit feeling regret before the hit the ground/water.

They regret not choosing a painless method or simply attention seekers. Real ones use a gun in their garage. Attention seekers jump.

no, they regret trying to kill themselves.

Because everyone would be rooting for your suicide OP.

I've known at least two IRL.
Maybe it ends their problem, but it ruins other people's lives, especially family.

I've also known people who've refused chemo. There are times going out on your terms is the best way. But make it clear to those left behind that it wasn't their fault.

Jumping is a pretty reliable method, gun access isn't easy in many parts of the country. Pills takers (and other poison methods) are the attention seekers. The deliberately choose a non-instant method because they know it's reversible and will give them time to make a cry for help.

Refusing chemo for terminal cancer makes sense to me. 6-8 months in a bed as a zombie or 3 months doing all the things I wanted before I die seems like a no brainer.

>Pills takers (and other poison methods) are the attention seekers
>Jumping is a non instant method
Weirdest brainlet take

Suicide is a sin. Preventing people from committing sin is heroic.

On a more practical level, the fact that all your examples are of heroes simply talking sense into the suicide victims and not just forcibly restraining them tells you all you need to know about the victim's mindset.

reed richards one is really pathetic
>guy decides to kill himself cause he will soon die and wants to die on his terms
>richards stopped him
>Richards doesn't try to cure him or anything (yes reed can cure cancer)
>so the guy dies anyway

It's a waste of time even listening to a woman threaten to commit suicide, they never actually do it and just want attention. On the other hand most guys will actually have decided to go through with it aren't going to broadcast it and do it somewhere they won't be found or interrupted.

Jumpers are never NOT attention whores
That is a proven fact

>People who attempt suicide by falling admit feeling regret before the hit the ground/water.
>according to the testimony of one survivor by jumping with quadriplegia and brain damage, product of the fall: "ahennnmGAaaHa mhooooa *drools a lot* Ngouuuuhou mgaaah *smiles like a retard* REEHEgERt nwangangaa... kill me"

Remember when the Incredibles movie when Oliver sues Mr. Incredible for saving him when he didn't want to be saved, by foiling his attempted suicide, resulting in injuries on Oliver's part.

Attached: oliver-sansweet-the-incredibles-54.2.jpg (210x240, 11.55K)

Attached: sketch-1647368581627.png (1080x1388, 922.04K)

Really depends on the location. Some retard jumping from a bridge or a building may be but someone going to a complete desolate place doesn’t sound like an AW to me.

The "sitting down to talk" part is really the only cringy thing about this. With the all the speed Superman possess he could just pick up the guy and put him on the ground before he even realized what happened. By wasting time with a talk he basically let a bunch of other people around the world who probably needed his help die.

My favorite

Attached: dredd suicide 2.jpg (1188x1262, 640.79K)

>Suicide is a sin
Church invented that to keep serfs from escaping their miserable lives
Need to keep the population up so labor remains cheap

Is that how you try and stop someone from killing themselves Batman?

50's Superman used to trick people into suicide, and did so on multiple occasions when dealing with a difficult villain. He killed a Kryptonian guy he couldn't beat by getting him to create Kryptonite.

Melusine
Unfortunately, I don't have it in English but I think I get the gist.

Melusine sees a guy jumping off a bridge.
She swoops down and saves him.
"Come on. Things can't be that bad. You have much to live for."
Sitting behind beautiful girl he realizes life can be good and starts to make a pass.
"Forget it!"

Attached: Clarke on-line 05.jpg (500x694, 88.07K)

Is it even possible to live in Mega 1 without commiting a single crime / offence?

Yes. Though I didn't understand decision at the time.

I hate busybodies who interfere because it's against _their_ stupid religion.
Also, politicians playing to their constituents. Usually the same ones who claim piety until they're caught with hookers.