Why creators in the West don't own their own ideas (series, comic books...

Why creators in the West don't own their own ideas (series, comic books, etc) and instead give the rights to corporations while in Japan and Asia, creators retain the rights even if mant years have passed?

With the West I'm talking about North America, if this happens in Europe too, please point it out.

Attached: 1647311703920.png (1000x1000, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=129348709
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They really wanna prevent another Star Wars situation from happening

Cash, a butt load of cash.

Capitalism and laws. That's all it's summed up to.

Because they can go for a smaller studio or self-publish a comic or whatever else to own rights, but they are fags who only want their shit made by Disney, Warner, Viacom, DC or Marvel and refuse to budge. Much like fags here don't read or watch anything not from CN, Disney, or Nick or read anything not from DC or Marvel.
They think it'll be their "big break" and the only way to get fags like on Any Forums to watch. Those ownership rights still exist if you are smart enough to do it

>mentions capitalism and doesn't actually explain anything
midwit.

Look, here's the deal, at least for animation creator owned isn't a thing because the creator isn't the one footing the bill. Want to spend ten years working and then foot the bill to make something? Fair enough, and there are examples of that. Want to ask a conglomerate company to pay you so you can make it this century as long as you play ball with them? Also fair enough.

We can all agree we don't want to see creators fucked over but its about time the other shoe drops and people acknowledge that these projects have to come out of someone's pocket, and that's a legitimate claim to want to own something if you invested a significant amount of money that goes beyond patronage.

Change copyright laws.
Have things go into public domain after 50 years.
Or, give the creator the right to get their work back, if the company doesn't use or misuses their ideas, or makes changes against their original intention without their permission.

Cash for whom?

It's part of their contracts

Americans will work for companies that they know are shit and will fuck them over and then complain when they do fuck them over when they could prioritize artistic freedom and control of their IP. Why? Nostalgia– its funny how fags are the main people who love Disney but complain about its homophobic nature when Disney has always been like that and will always be like that. Simply they need to strike Disney or remove themselves completely from it. With the talent these people have they have the opportunity to do something larger than Disney, but alas, they go back to sucking the mouse's dick. They can change, they just don't want to.

Attached: WordGirl_hugs.png (491x836, 322.46K)

>they go back to sucking the mouse's dick.
Hot. I want some mouse dick too.

they don't own the rights in the east either retard

Wow, that's a lot of bullshit you got there. Doesn't matter where you're from, you sign a contract that hands over your character rights that's it. If you want to keep the rights then you work for yourself or you pull an Antonucci.

Attached: Danny_Antonucci.png (594x456, 518.93K)

At least in film they get paid massively to be a Mousketeer. It makes no fucking sense to me in comics.

You're an idiot

Attached: icon-image-comics-logo.png (715x715, 16.22K)

Fags would be miserable if nobody cared about them one way or the other.

No amount of money is worth your soul or your creativity. If I ever make a show or comic, I will never sell my soul to big corporations. Never Disney, never Viacom, never Warner Bros. I believe in artistic freedom and ownership of what you create. Imagine you create a great idea just for it to be used for performative marketing 50 years later. Just to make one of your characters gay (nothing against gay people) just so they can get faggot money for the month of June, and then once July 1st hit support a bill that hurts the same faggots who pockets they wanted to seize. And then your show will only be remembered for being the IP of a large corporation who cares solely about money. People will call your art "pandering" and "tokenism" when all you wanted to do was create art and tell a story. I would rather my work be niche and remembered by few as long as it meant that it was owned by my estate. Sorry for the stupid long-winded rant you prolly wont read, I'm just a loser who is disappointed in the way this industry moves. But I realize it has always been like this

Attached: coronavirus.png (1000x563, 242.2K)

Why do tourists never do basic research before asking their questions?

typicall faggot.

How DID he get the rights anyway?

>LLOOLLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
>DUH ANN-NIH-MAY N MAHN-GUHH IZZ MOAR BETTERERERER DEN DUH CAWMIXX N CAHR-TOOON-ZUH
Scurry back to your decrepit quarantine zone and proceed to kill yourself when you get there, Any Forumsutist.
Everyone else. Report him for violating Global Rules 3, 4, 10 and for being off topic.
sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=129348709