Post movie adaptions of comic characters that are undeniably better than their comic counterparts

Post movie adaptions of comic characters that are undeniably better than their comic counterparts.

I think William Stryker being the lead Weapon X paramilitary scientist is universally agreed to be better than the preacher version

Attached: William_Stryker_(Earth-10005)_002.jpg (2172x3000, 545.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/X7fK77uAyw8
youtu.be/XlygrVs--Xc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Game but whatever.

Attached: Electro PS4 Max.jpg (1920x1080, 689.06K)

Clearly the main inspiration for the NWH Electro

The movie version of Deacon Frost is also undeniably better than the comic version

Attached: bds_blade_deacon2.jpg (570x328, 65.95K)

The Riddler really wasn't shit before the Frank Gorshin version, he defined the character entirely

Attached: FNB1ov_XoAgLQdQ.jpg (307x400, 27.58K)

Game did it better though

Blade and Deacon immediately came to mind.

I think that the Batman: Under The Red Hood movie was infinitely better than the comic, and the best interpretation of Todd’s Hood.

General Zod is a good one. He was almost a non entity in the comics, but the movies he appeared in have made him one of Supermans most iconic enemies

Attached: superman-ii_4c60186f.jpg (966x680, 115.51K)

Man, I forgot about that one and I agree completely. That movie totally synthesized all of the good elements of that character and story and trimmed all the fat off of it

I'll be honest, I personally prefer this version of Judge Anderson to the few comics I've read of her

Attached: CourageousSilkyJapanesebeetle-size_restricted.gif (500x281, 453.31K)

Attached: Mastermind.jpg (403x331, 23.55K)

I loved how both Blade and Deacon were trying to act like they didn't hate each other on a personal level, that it was just cold business, but they actually had a deep interpersonal rivalry. I rivalry that Blade won

youtu.be/X7fK77uAyw8

Attached: wesley-snipes-blade-1614162162.jpg (480x480, 31.23K)

That character was actually great. He's what made X-Men 2 so good. Stryker was an unsafe fanatic, but can you blame him after his freak mutant son made his wife power drill her brains out?

The UtRH movie had the benefit of not only Winick revisiting the story with five years of hindsight, but that Winick is also a screenwriter. That and being able to jettison all the Infinite Crisis tie-in stuff.

I still feel strongly that the Robin's should have stopped after Jason. Having Dick as the successful protégé and Jason as the failed protégé works so well, but once you include Tim and Damien in the mix it becomes so muddled thematically

MOS Zod?

Disagree entirely. Stryker in the movie is just a generic evil general/scientist.

Comic Stryker on the other hand was basically Marvel's Judge Frollo.

Attached: 197806-3799-william-stryker.jpg (400x599, 18.45K)

I'm not going to say the movie version is better outright, but the movie Green Goblin having the split personality between Norman and the Goblin was a very interesting choice that I really liked to watch. Just watching him play a fearful and pathetic weak man and his insane sadistic manipulator alternate persona is so satisfying to me

youtu.be/XlygrVs--Xc

Attached: dexlsj8-c1693ba2-1369-4e65-b01f-787b0e010a7e.png (1080x1350, 1.2M)

I would argue that MOS Zod is better that Stamp Zod, and I love Stamp Zod. I think MOS is 6.5/10, but Zod in that movie was one of the best villains in superhero movies

Attached: 2b63e915d07ed49c3e071ceadf44c366.jpg (699x960, 138.43K)

I WILL FIND HIM!!!

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x534, 63.31K)

I think they took direct inspiration from some scenes in the 90s cartoon for that, but they took it to a whole other level.

Attached: Dr. Sivana.jpg (1227x1053, 489.73K)

He perfectly captures what I want in a villain, that they're still engagein terrifying brutality, but they justifiably believe that those actions are justified.

Nah, The dude acted more like Mr. Freeze than Dr. Sivana.

he looks like grant morrison

There's a line where the villain is too pathetic. And the movie versions crossed it. I wanted to say sympathetic but pathetic is the more applicable word.

This is a controversial one, but I liked how in the Wolverine they made the Silver Samurai into an entire multi generational clan that existed from an 18th century Ninja clan up until a 21st century mech suit

Attached: silver_samurai_2013_01.jpg (560x334, 73.04K)

Looks like Hunter Thompson on fleek.

Split personality Norman comes from the Silver Age. His modern characterization doesn't show up until after he was brought back in Clone Saga.

Tim works when you consider his origin in context of Dick and Jason. It's really just Damian that messes things up, especially when you add in Morrison's implications about adopted versus birth children.

I never knew that he was supposed to be Mastermind until now. He was lame in X2.

Does it really? I totally thought split personality Goblin was a movie invention

I thought he was supposed to be Prometheus

It's a lot cleaner when it's just the good Robin versus the failed Robin

>Split personality Norman comes from the Silver Age.
It wasn't really a split personality then, more that he just kept getting amnesia.