Lost Hedgehog Tales

So what's the deal with this? Finally finished reading the Archie Sonic series and have heard about Flynn teasing this book of scrapped content for years now.
Is he waiting until his retirement or the death of Penders to release it?

Attached: d9gkc6m-cf1b4051-53b5-4e81-bf20-265325806574.png (960x1226, 1.38M)

Ian wanted to post his ideas for Archie pre-reboot online. He realized shortly into writing this up that he would be ruining future storyline by doing this since he recycles dumped work constantly, plus Archie as a company probably wouldn't be terribly cool with that and he hates burning bridges.

So now it's an eternal carrot on a stick.

Its something Ian keeps using to give false hope to his fans.

>Archie as a company probably wouldn't be terribly cool with that and he hates burning bridges.

This sounds like Ian's bullshit excuse to not release this thing. Archie doesnt care about this comic anymore

I think it was either sega or penders actually. I don't know if sega would be particularly cool with an official writer giving out unreleased shit from their comic, but then again sega is notoriously lazy so whatever
Ian should just release it. I've been waiting for 9 goddamn years at this point.

Attached: 1463164181162.png (298x273, 187.77K)

Whats stopping him from saying those unreleased stories are fanfictions to bypass this ?

He's work for hire, if he doesn't do what they want they'll just never hire him for any future work. Also, the industry's pretty small, so getting blacklisted from one company means you're blacklisted from the entire industry.

Ian's very vague about what's stopping him but he's not doing it any time soon it seems. Maybe if he completely stops writing Sonic comics he'll do it.

Attached: ian pls.png (1182x1370, 352.12K)

Could just do what the Half Life writer did and change the names of characters and certain details to make it legally distinct enough to fly under the radar. But really, I think he's just reusing stuff from it like the above user mentioned.

That's my guess too. When he's retired from Sonic stuff, and there's no chance he can do something with those plots he'll release it. He's only turning 40 this year, so he'll probably be involved with Sonic for a while (unless Frontiers absolutely bombs and people blame it on his writing).
That, or have "someone" "leak" it.

Didnt Matt Herms color some unfinished archie reboot comic and put it behind a patreon paywall ?

Did that lead to any employment issues ? Dude even worked for IDW I think.

>When he's retired from Sonic stuff
It depends on what his involvement for Frontiers is going to lead to. He might be given other non-comic stuff to do, especially since he's no longer the main writer. But if IDW decides to double down on Sonic when they lose Transformers and GI Joe, they might want another Sonic ongoing and Ian can have that.

He doesn't want to spoil stuff he might reuse and also he keeps hinting Penders might've made some legal threat if he posts this stuff, so he just keeps going "I'll post it when I can when things happen and legal things happen". Which for anyone with a decent brain means "when Ian's fully done with Sonic so there's no legal attachments", which sadly seems to be not any time soon.

The original version of Endangered Species. There's also the entirety of the Antoine SU comic being made available which was later inked and colored in a fan restoration. If it is a legal issue then it'd have to be something down to Ian's contract being different from an artist's.

Here's the Archie version of Metal Virus.

Attached: ian metal virus archie.jpg (1152x2048, 292.6K)

That looks more promising than what we got at IDW.

>Finally finished reading the Archie Sonic series
If I may, can you share your thoughts and criticism on it? I like to hear others' opinions!

Attached: milolunde.jpg (1149x735, 132.79K)

I think I read through it all too quickly out of impatience, so it’s all a blur to me. All I remember was that Penders monologued way too much, I didn’t like the reboot designs, and I heard that Ian killed off characters too often.

This had so many better OCs compared to IDW.

I had to stop reading during the last RIDE, because Max was reminding me too much of my own abusive parents

ouch