Romita Sr

>Romita Sr
amazing art, literally defining of certain characters
>Romita Jr
fucking chicken scratch off model horrible anatomy

How did this even happen?

Attached: 2vf3wdgzsbo51[1].png (1267x1765, 2.32M)

>tfw ya style develops

>If you can recognize the character, it's on model.png

The alternative is Kubert, whose sons became boring, soulless house-style artists that were still technically good and no one ever has a problem with.

Attached: 32r43.jpg (1363x1764, 2.61M)

I mean technically yes

You made me remember

JRJr is the single worst artist for the last 30+ fucking years.
He's worse than Land, Liefeld, or Ramos.
I really wish he'd lose his hands in some kind of industrial accident. It would make the industry so much better.

I blame romita sr. education. He always said to his son that there are artists much better than him - "Know your value and never be proud of your work cause you are not the best." So JRJR settled for being the worst and never improved

Genuinely have no idea what you regards are complaining about, both look great and distinctive in their own way.

If anything that Romita panel on the bottom left doesn’t do the dudes artwork Justice, Peter looks like he’s making this face

:/

>Ramos
imo Ramos is the ultimate pleb filter. He is clearly a good artist but he often uses his very wacky cartoony bad anatomy style likely to get books in on time. There are ton of sketches he has done where he can take his time and it looks MUCH better. Also some of his 90s stuff like Impulse are miles better than his newer stuff

tl;dr if Ramos just spent more time or was allowed more time his art would look much better. I wish all his published stuff looked like this

Attached: mYTmNYhd_2503191836591gpadd.jpg (1500x2000, 1.53M)

Both drawings are made by JRJR

Kubert took that crosshatching skill to the grave.

Both of those in your picture are Romita Jr. His art evolved. Artists change over time.

>he's only good when
Opinion discarded. We never saw good art from him on print

he was great back in the day, i feel bad for ragging on him the past several years bc he came off so likable in the kayfabe episode, like a favorite uncle

Ramos is great

Sometimes I think it's colouring that doesn't do any favours for Romita Junior. I recall the Wolverine, Punisher, Ghost Rider crossover versus Blackheart looking good but he did a Superman comic more recently that I dislike looking at.

I would love it if Ramos ever decides to do something creator owned but I can see why he's been with marvel so long, the pay must be nice if he's living in mexico.

he got worse then. I actually like his early 2000's stuff but AvX and onwards looks like shit

OP you fucking fag can't distinguish Romita sr and romita jr. You have no ground talking about art

user please go read his 90s run on Impulse before you post lies
I think he has drawn a few creator owned stuff or do you mean something where he is doing the story as well? Like I said I enjoy his style its just that more often than not he draws the anatomy really poorly. I wish we got more normal Ramos stuff
>I can see why he's been with marvel so long, the pay must be nice if he's living in mexico
I can DEFINITELY see why he's been with marvel for so long. They use him alot or at least used to and the checks are probably good. During the Slott era it seemed they would often hire him to give other artists a break or maybe when they were switching between artists. This is one of the reasons I think he was chosen for his ability to turn books in on time art be damned

Attached: humberto-ramos-xmen-cover-art-wraparound.jpg (2222x1790, 1.19M)

Those are both Romita Jr.

>Romita Sr
Boring bland typical capeshit art, takes unique weirdness out of Spider-Man that was there with Ditko.
Romita Jr
Cool stylized comic art that unique and brings back welcome weirdness to the character.
Classic STYLIZED ART IS BAD bullshit from Any Forums always just like typical semi realistic jobber art.

I miss Ramos old cartoony style too, shit was so wild and great, now he gotten more bland and it just off putting.

Attached: 41.jpg (1821x2800, 989.17K)