What’s the Any Forums equivalent onto Lulu?

What’s the Any Forums equivalent onto Lulu?

Attached: 82BD799C-E291-4B6B-B080-B80335DB0F75.jpg (300x300, 40.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ng3haLMh-qg
youtu.be/PzZCiZdGae0
youtu.be/j7_mMYsPVqs
youtu.be/adyC404_gEk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>ill-advised collaboration between two artistic forces whose styles don’t work together at all which ends up being a massive disaster despite some interesting ideas
That does sorry like the sort of thing that would happen a lot in comics but I can’t quite put my finger on any examples

Attached: MV5BZjg5MjEzZDctOTI3My00OWVhLTkyMzUtZmUyMjRlYmUxZDI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQ5NDI4NzI@._V1_.jpg (809x1024, 211.03K)

What's lulu? I don't follow Any Forums garbage.

Walt Disney & Salvador Dali - Destino

If you're just talking about quality, then I would say Mega Babies or Problem Solverz. If you're going by rubric then I can't think of anything, sorry. Lou Reed and Metallica joining up doesn't even have any parallels in Any Forums. It was a once in a lifetime disaster.

How the fuck do you go from Ride the Lightning to this?

>Any Forums
No one tell him.

Countdown.

Yeah what's that and why it looks so creepy?

Posting these should result in a permaban from Any Forums

Lou Reed is kinda one of the fathers of punk and indie music. In the 60s he had a band, the Velvet Underground, known for their lo-fi production, direct and dirty lyrics, and loud noisey playing
Metallica is Metallica. Very polished high production thrash metal band
Lou Reed’s heyday was the 60s and 70s, Metallica’s heyday was the 80s and 90s
For some reason, in 2010, they made this very weird collaboration album called Lulu. It’s super long (90 minutes), with Metallica providing instrumentals while Lou Reed rambles lyrics in his old man voice
It was mocked mercilessly on its release, though some hipsters claim to like it. I think they’re posers. The whole the album is just a really shoddy piece of work with embarrassing playing from Metallica and embarrassing lyrics from Lou Reed. It isn’t particularly innovative, it doesn’t make you wanna headbang, it’s not particularly cerebral. It’s not particularly poetic or artistic. It’s not cathartic. There are no great riffs or melodies. It’s not even catchy or danceable. It’s music that just does not really have any reason to be played. The first post put it well.
>ill-advised collaboration between two artistic forces whose styles don’t work together at all which ends up being a massive disaster despite some interesting ideas

Masterpiece album that's overhated because normalfags couldn't get it and it was too different from Metallica's usual stuff

>No one tell him.
Sorry, user. I'm so use to Any Forums shitters bringing their garbage here.

Thanks for the explanation. That really does sound like a terrible album.

Attached: cerebus reads.jpg (1496x1992, 790.89K)

So is this a case of some past-their-prime artists teaming up because they liked each others work and then unwisely releasing it to the world when it should have stayed as a jam session, or is it more of a cash grab?

>Masterpiece
of shit maybe

>or is it more of a cash grab?
If it was made by Metallica you can bet it's just a cash grab.

youtu.be/Ng3haLMh-qg
youtu.be/PzZCiZdGae0
That song The View was the biggest meme when it came out cause of this part where Hetfield just starts repeating “I am the view I am the table I am the view I am the table”
youtu.be/j7_mMYsPVqs
youtu.be/adyC404_gEk
I’d say in terms of just giant messes, Joel Schumacher’s Batman and Robin is pretty Lulu-tier. While not really a “collaboration,” it has this sort of weird cognitive dissonance, in how it is simultaneously trying to be Burton’s films/BTAS along with Adam West

There’s a lot of theories on what was going on
A large amount of people actually believe it to simply be an elaborate practical joke. Lou Reed is known for having a weird sense of humor (at one point getting out of a contract by releasing an album of guitar feedback for an hour), and Metallica fans were getting obnoxious, so some people say both artists wanted to just release a terrible album, largely to troll Metallica fans
I don’t believe that, it’s just a theory I’ve seen.
Personally, I think it’s trying to mutually borrow the others cred. Metallica thought a collaboration with Lou Reed would make them lose the dumb meathead reputation they had, and Lou Reed thought collaborating with a more popular artist would boost his relevance and make him lots of money
Here’s a fun fact: when Lou Reed died, Lana Del Rey was on an airplane flying to his hometown, as they had agreed to collaborate. When she landed, she saw the news that he died. Just went home.

Garfield starring Bill Murray