Why is Pixar just making Slice of Life DTV movies now?

Why is Pixar just making Slice of Life DTV movies now?

Attached: turning-red-soul-luca.jpg (1280x720, 158.06K)

Criticsbait

Soul is the only good one. Luca would be much better without the girl. Turning red would have been good with a better director

Disney gutted all their talent.

>TF
>bodyswap
>TF
what the fuck is going on in their offices?

Furry orgies

Lightyear is their next movie and it's not slice of life.

and its the only one releasing in theaters

magical realism >>>> magical fiction
Soul was better than Onward, despite both of them being absolute garbage

Pixar has always been into magical realism SoL
Toy Story, Ratatouille, maybe even UP if you stretch the definition

Facts are, Turning Red is more similar to original pixar than anything else they have produced in the last 10 years

>Facts are, Turning Red is more similar to original pixar than anything else they have produced in the last 10 years
And yet it's still their worst film. Remarkable.

Toy Story was never SoL though every movie has them on some sort of adventure.

lol

SoL can involve adventure
I would say it's SoL because it about the daily life of toys, their thoughts and feelings, more so than the adventure they go on
Woody is more concerned with being Andy's favorite and making sure all the toys work together to make Andy happy in the way he wants--not so much about the adventure they have

>I would say it's SoL because it about the daily life of toys

True but I would only say this for the first 1/3rd of the first movie.

Nigga who the fuck cares? Pixar has been dead ever since toy story 2 their last good movie they ever made.

These movies are uter trash but even their good ones aren't anything worth bragging about.

Luca woulda been better without the other boy

I mean, you have to consider things from the perspective of the toys
Bug's Life isn't considered scifi or fantasy despite the fact that the bugs can talk--yes, it doesn't make sense IRL for bugs to talk, but you suspend that disbelief within the context of the story

Toys being misplaced, stolen by other children, playing with one toy more than another, it all happens all of the time, but this time we're getting the perspective of the toys themselves. The adventure they go on is more of a plot device rather than a genre defining structure
Pixar is just giving filling in all of the parts that might make an explanation as to why a toy goes missing from the perspective of a toy.

I don't like the character, but without him there's virtually no drama or conflict outside of the parents
The parent conflict couldn't be the only conflict because it gets resolved so quickly and it ultimately comes down to "disobey your parents or not"

Like in Turning Red, where the MC sells out her friends in favor of her family, not a lot of drama if she just didn't have any friends

Lasseter knows his shit and they got rid of him. It takes actual talent to make a robot love story work and they don't have it.

>Pixar has been dead ever since toy story 2 their last good movie they ever made.

Epic contrarianism

Toy Story 2 is NOT better than WallE, The Incredibles, or Ratatouille

Like it's good, but it's basically the same movie with new characters
Woody ends up with someone else and he has to find his way back with the friends he makes along the way etc etc

>Lasseter
He's running a new studio now, so if what you're saying is true (it's not) then we'll see some films that will be reminiscent of early pixar

Then why are the Cars movies so dogshit?

Because John has car autism and just wanted to make a movie with cars flying pass the screen