But which will win The Big One (the Oscar)?

But which will win The Big One (the Oscar)?

Attached: C7422CF8-46F7-4588-98DE-A767150D6EA7.jpg (828x752, 427K)

Encanto, Oscar voters are basic bitches.

Attached: latinx gilf.jpg (296x489, 84.39K)

Did Kung Fu Panda 2 won anything in the year it was released? Cuz if not, these awards are a scam.

Encanto. Oscars don't give too shits about animation and judges will vote for whatever their kids happened to drag them to see.

Oscars for animation are always worthless, half the time the votes boil down to, "My kids enjoyed it and its disney so it gets my vote."

Owlman_it_doesn't_matter.jpg

The one that has "Disney" on it.

Rango was definitely more deserving. A rare exception of good taste at the Oscars.

Encanto.
The Oscars just pick whatever is most popular for animation, they’re fucking morons.
As much as I like Encanto’s potential, I know they’ll get it because they’re fucking stupid and have admitted to not even watching a majority of these movies in the past.

It’s nearly fucking useless to measure animation with them.

Why the fuck are you just repeating what I wrote?

I'm still sour over Kaguya getting snubbed for Big Hero 6. I mean fucking come the hell on.

who cares

Did you just fucking repeated what I wrote?

The animation awards are run by retards.
IIRC when Frozen was released one of the judges didnt even care to watch anything else.

Shit, I forgot Rango was a thing.

Yeah that one definitely.

It's going to be Encanto, but pic related was arguably better than anything all these awards bodies even nominated.

Attached: ron.jpg (380x562, 31.41K)

More like a rare exception of Hollywood bullshit actually working in the favor of good taste. You know they only gave it the time of day because it was a bit of a passion project for Johnny Depp.

Only because Cars 2 sucked and Disney wanted to memoryhole Winnie the Pooh.

>rango
>passion project

The one that the voting members' kids watched. Voters for Best Animated regularly admit that not only have they not watched all of the features but not even watched any of the features, and just vote for the ones their grandchildren talked about the most. Hence Disney and Pixar rolling home nearly every year - they're good, but they're not THAT much better than everyone else - they just have the marketing budget.

Somewhere on this computer I have a table I slapped together of best-guess marketing budgets, versus a few other publically-available stats on animated film contenders. I'll admit critical consensus is a weak metric and public review aggregators are worth very little, but marketing budget had over twice as strong a correlation with Best Animated as anything else.