I like being bad, it makes me happy

I like being bad, it makes me happy

Attached: tophvenom.jpg (600x300, 45.28K)

Still the best live action Venom

Pretty good reason for being evil

For as much shit as that version gets, I honestly think that he could've been a really good interpretation if he wasn't shoved in last minute.
The scene with Flint and Eddie really shows how creepy, unsettling, yet manipulative Eddie could be, and Topher really worked for that. The scenes of him sneaking around, attacking Peter when he's vulnerable, and watching him like a predator could've been something great.

Raimi's Venom would've gotten a lot more positive reception if he had a whole movie, I feel like, and dropped the "kidnap MJ for the third time" thing. Imagine a Spider-Man 4 that essentially adapted the second Venom story. Eddie creepily watching and stalking Peter, not making a direct move but showing Peter that he can't escape, until finally deciding to end it. Topher would've been awesome for that despite not being massive like comic Eddie. Almost like Spider-Man's personal Horror Movie monster.

Yeah it definitely would have been better with more time

This

I feel like the Tom Hardy Venom should have just gone darker and not so light and comedic

Of course, the comedy is a big part of why audiences actually liked it, and some would probably complain that a darker movie would be "bland" because that's the trend, but I would have liked a darker movie

Attached: venomgiph.gif (490x374, 511.71K)

The origin story and characterization was perfect. It was the design and casting that ruined it.

>Venom ends up in the MCU the moment the story breaks that Peter is Spider-Man
>It's only a few days later that Peter does the spell that brings everyone over

Attached: 1589414519112.png (384x313, 39.38K)

A darker Venom movie shouldn't be bland. Honestly, i would have loved to see Gunn direct Venom 2.

Shouldn't be but you know some people these days can't stand movies without comedy

We took him for granted.

Attached: DU0jHlPW0AAb3B3.jpg (736x690, 67.96K)

This. Looked absolutely amazing compared to Hardy's Venom.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 82.79K)

>Of course, the comedy is a big part of why audiences actually liked it, and some would probably complain that a darker movie would be "bland" because that's the trend, but I would have liked a darker movie
I completely agree, Venom may say goofy one-liners, but that's usually to make the terrible things he does more horrifying by his casual demeanor. Also, no adaptation has actually taken the aspect of the character that actually makes him interesting anti-hero, his hatred for the corruption of innocence. Venom saw everything he did as justified because Spider-Man took away his innocence, thus why he so doggedly wanted to kill him. Having a horrifying homicidal alien monster believe he is morally justified in killing and eating his victims is a great character conflict, and could put him at odds with almost anyone, possibly even himself if he begins questioning whether the alien is influencing Eddy to be more violent or not. Such wasted potential, even if you did have to write out Spider-Man of his origin.

Attached: 1422e0612dee83c561e3d741e14c1f58.jpg (829x1200, 97.52K)

>Honestly, i would have loved to see Gunn direct Venom 2.
Gunn is a talentless hack, almost all of his movies are pure garbage.

low effort is low

Attached: Stupid People.jpg (660x495, 183.76K)

Hardy's Venom is a decent adaptation of the anti-hero days but Eddie isn't doing much and doesn't have the aggressive personality the comics one had. A perfect version of Venom would be Hardy with Grace's backstory and mischievous personality.

>low effort is low
You cannot tell me this does not look objectively better than the CGI goop gorilla that doesn't even have the logo in the Tom Hardy movie.

Attached: spider-man-3-venom-topher-grace-sony.jpg (1024x580, 293K)

*and Bagley's head.

Post of the thread.

Sucks Topher Grace disappeared from movies.