This movie really brought to light a lot of the underlying "needs" people have to control others

This movie really brought to light a lot of the underlying "needs" people have to control others.
>She SHOULDN'T be dancing like that!
>Pixar SHOULDN'T make movies that look like this!
>The director CANNOT tell an autobiographical story!
It's borderline creepy how much people want to control media they have literally nothing to do with and to an extent people they don't know. It's the same thing with the fuckwits in Texas trying to dictate how private families raise their kids, they MUST have control over people.
I hope Pixar makes nothing but divisive movies like this from now on.

Attached: 1647215574865.gif (540x556, 3.62M)

nice pasta

The thread where this was originally posted is not even gone yet.

anyway, go on and reply like the mental lemmings you are, Any Forums

Attached: 1276386160998.jpg (512x512, 26.88K)

Hey, it's that one post from that other thread I was lurking in a while ago!

Attached: images (63).jpg (641x479, 30.21K)

How many threads do you need?

yes we saw your post, retard

I don’t like self-insert stories that disguise themselves as universal experiences. I don’t like pushing for sexual promiscuity as women’s empowerment. The mother is right that children her age should not dress provocatively or twerk. Why is this controversial to say now?

>I don’t like self-insert stories that disguise themselves as universal experiences.

what does this even mean? How can you tell a story that is impossible to relate to?

Artistic Expression: I sleep
Being spoonfed things I already know I'll like: Real Shit?

By making it too specific. And no, I don’t mean that fact that Meilin is Asian. I mean the fact that it’s set in Toronto, Canada in the year 2002. Or the anime references and tamagotchi and cringe anime drawings of boys. Only a certain subset of girls during that decade can truly relate to Meilin and her weird friends.

user is a dumb movie made for kids and zoomers, if you dont like you don't have to explain why you don't.

fuck you go die

I was just trying to explain my point to the user from before. I actually love this movie but I hate this trend im seeing where every creator has to obviously self insert themselves into their own works.

It’s really sad that people give a negative review to a film because they can’t relate to the protagonist.

Storytelling is meant to share another’s experience, not reinforce one’s own.

I can’t relate with Batman and his need to dress up in a bat costume to rid the world of crime, but it’s doesn’t meant I can’t find his story interesting.

I can’t relate with Daenerys’ goal of becoming queen of Westeros, but I wanted to know where her journey took her (which of course ended in total disappointment)

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children!

Attached: mqdefault.jpg (320x180, 15.18K)

People write from experience, big shock
It resonates with tween girls and the average early 30's Disney Mom

It's just the protagonist was a selfish, shitty person that never had to face up to her actions in the end.

I haven’t seen this movie yet, but I was a 13 year old weeaboo girl in 2002 so I’m guessing I would relate with the protagonist. Although I’m a white American.

Also
>tfw you’re trying to break into the animation industry as a storyboard artist and you find out the director is the same age as you

I’m never gonna make it

Yes, why doesn't anyone think of how sexualizing children is becoming normalized?

>She SHOULDN'T be dancing like that!
Adult humans always want to control the media children consume to help them develop properly. Not wanting a child character to do a sexualized dance in children's media seems to be a perfectly reasonable stance.
>Pixar SHOULDN'T make movies that look like this!
Also, people have opinions on stuff. Like Pixar makes really high-quality stuff so making this low-quality stuff seems off brand.
>The director CANNOT tell an autobiographical story!
I haven't heard this before but I can't hate this outlook. Again it's not really on brand for Pixar and seems masterbatory.

No one is trying to control pixar. They are just expressing their opinions like you are right now. This really feels like projection. Or bait.

>pedochads finally becoming mainstream
What time to be alive

Attached: 1647281577459.png (1365x959, 2.02M)

We only think sexualization is bad because we believe their ideal desire should be forced labor

maybe we shouldn't make mainstream feature films about the sexual feelings of actual children

on the contrary, she should dance like that but not as a panda and pixar should create more cute and funny content for people like me.

And exactly how is this movie "disguising itself as universal experiences"? Who the hell thinks there is a universal adolescent experience? Tons of stories are auto-biographical; you complain about this and not, say, Over the Garden Wall not because this is presenting itself as the canonical American coming of age experience, but because you don't like thing.

As someone who was 13 back in 2002, I remember the girls were trying way to hard to look like Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera.

In fact, 2002 is actually right when Xtina’s “Drrrty” came out.

The guys, or at least the ones in my school, were all trying to be like Eminem.

Junior high was a time when tweens were trying way too hard to be “mature”.

Attached: 084166B1-7D2B-4C61-B5FB-EE5720D08859.jpg (620x622, 83.6K)

I remember my 13 year old sister watching the spice girls movie (i was 8) and the guys took their shirts off in a dance moment or something and my sister and all her friends were like WOOOOH *giggle*. this was in 1997 lol. moral panics seem to come in cycles

Fuck me I love this movie.

Early 2000s celebrity fashion really was something else

Attached: 501E1BB2-3025-45AF-9398-C0B6AEA21326.jpg (2000x3000, 788.24K)