As a guy who had an helicopter mom this hurt a little

As a guy who had an helicopter mom this hurt a little.

Attached: images (2).jpg (728x421, 19.73K)

Told me to lighten up on my kids. I appreciate it. It is a solid 7/10 movie.

Makes me appreciate my mom who was supportive and attentive but let me learn about myself within my comfort zone and didn’t push or smother me about it

As someone who lost both parents by 23, this did very little.

I am genuinely sorry for your loss, user. That's never easy at any age.

Are you a superhero?

As someone whose parents were hardly there, fuck you.

meh, I know it can happen to anyone at practically any age. You just kinda get used to the lack of/the fact of knowing you're pretty much on your own. At least I have my own brothers. Never gets easier with those Happy Mothers'/Fathers day, that's for sure.

nah, just regular jane. Would be pretty cool to have gadgets though.

not all heroes wear capes

Just remember, no matter what, they would have wanted you to be happy.

The part where the mom goes to the store to call the clerk a creep and then show Mei drawings felt too real.

fuck helicopter parents

As a guy who had a squad of magically powered super aunts this hurt a little.

Attached: super aunties squad.webm (1920x1036, 2.95M)

Context? Movie not at my theater yet.

it's getting a theatrical release? what the fuck

As someone who was allowed to go to concerts, go out and have a resposible amount of freedom I really don't get the outragefags, I now own my own store and have an nice estable relationship.

>The aunts were red pandas too

Attached: 2427326815723.jpg (600x398, 23.98K)

It's like the people in charge of the movie watched Ranma and Sailor Moon and decided to do a SNL sketch about it.

Attached: 1633320515621.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

For me, it's the MH-60L

Attached: MH-60L.jpg (3200x2000, 1.84M)

>I had a helicopter mum
>ah but I somehow got sucked into Any Forums
a) lmao I don't believe you
b) she clearly wanted better for you. You should have listened.

Ok, the explans a bit

I found the "having high expectations for her kid" pretty relatable but it went full retard with her harassing the store clerk boy because of her daughter's drawing and being even more unreal and screaming about her daughters tampons in front of all her peers. No one is THAT uncouth without intentionally being malicious.

let's face it, a lot of people can tend to greatly exaggerate characters and I feel Mei's mom was a great example of "can be deemed possible, but clearly written as offensively as possible" almost as if they forgot they were meant to redeem her in the end somehow.

>helicopter mother
>yacht father
>yfw

Attached: Seaduck.jpg (400x278, 29.39K)

If she wasn’t super over the top no one would buy her as the main antagonist. Which is why you don’t typically want to make children’s films with nuances metaphors because you can’t actually commit to that nuance. That’s why kids movies should have real villains.

KWAB

It's a family "curse," but Mei was the only one who ever thought to embrace and try to control it.