Scenes that made you lose all respect for a character

Status quo aside, this would've been an incredibly retarded move to do in real life.

Attached: Lisa rips up twelve million dollars.png (758x657, 374.42K)

Lisa does the same thing when her cheating on a major test gets the school a significant grant, but Skinner anticipates this and gives her a fake ceremony for her to ruin, then proceeds with the real one once she's gone.

I think it's already pretty unanymous everyone hates what Lisa has become, user

Simpsons just exists for the sake of brand now.

Attached: FDdXnifXEAocu3c.jpg (297x328, 19.17K)

Real episode? Sounds pretty based if true. The whole premise of characters rejecting fortunes in order to stay humble is rooted in the perception that excess wealth can only be used for fickle things. Like episodes where a character gets rich for a while and becomes a shallow jerk who pisses it all away on fancy goods. It’s presuming that the type of people who may get that fortune would otherwise be fine if they stayed middle class. It’s presuming that there is a real middle class anymore. Most people in real life would want that money to make sure their family was secure, they may but a few luxuries of course, but they wouldn’t necessarily waste it like it was extra. Lisa giving up a fortune for her morals is upper class propaganda that says only incremental accumulation of money is virtuous, even though the “self made” Scrooge McDuck types of billionaires are all more than a century behind us and most rich people come from generational wealth or knew someone with money already.

The episode is "Lisa Gets An A".

Skinner's a punching bag in the show, but he's secretly one of the most based characters in the franchise.
>Lisa giving up a fortune for her morals is upper class propaganda that says only incremental accumulation of money is virtuous
Saying it's propaganda assumes that 1) the upper class cares about you or what you think and 2) that poor people becoming rich would not waste their money on stupid shit. A fool and his money are soon parted. Because a lot of poor people are poor because they can't manage their money, i.e. think beyond immediate gratification.
Just because slowly building up capital through hard work isn't making you a rival to Rupert Murdoch doesn't mean you can't save money and invest in something smart. And I don't mean stock investments either.

yeah, this was a stupid ass move.

If she actually listened to reason instead of being on a moral high horse, she could have kept the money, and used that to undo the damage mr burns had done.
Also, who the hell destroys FREE money.

>I have never missed a meal in my life or had to share a bedroom with 5 relatives

I have also never forgotten the value of a dollar taught to me by my parents. Quit playing misery poker and you might just save up enough dosh.

>Also, who the hell destroys FREE money.
People who don't know how tax brackets work.

> Because a lot of poor people are poor because they can't manage their money, i.e. think beyond immediate gratification.
This is objectively false. Most poor people are that way because of lack of opportunities and/or significant hardship like addictive or large medical issues my

>Real episode? Sounds pretty based if true.
Yeah he basically conspires with everyone to get the money for the school.
Kudos for anticipating Lisa being Lisa.

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 14.93K)

Pixelated and afraid was a legit great episode and it's only month old.

Skinner went up significantly in my book for that alone. I know it assumes somehow everyone but Lisa is in on the fake ceremony, but it was very cathartic too.

that was genuinely a based moment. everyone being savvy to Lisa's moralfaggotry bullshit.

>Let's have a round of applause for the REAL comptroller!
>Real one?
The hate filled side-eye from Chalmers made that scene perfect.

The school needed the money, its based that everyone was on board with faking the ceremony so they could get the funding.

The Buddhism episode with her

It couldn't even get the barest minimum of funding without Lisa's A+++ (and Drambuie stain) grade.

>because of lack of opportunities
An opportunity is not a guarantee or promise of success. A lot of people just suck at their job, pure and simple, regardless of how many opportunities they get.
>and/or significant hardship like addictive
Sounds like a personal problem they need to fix themselves.
>or large medical issues my
Strange how lots of people with medical issues are still able to succeed instead of wallowing in self pity.

probably the worst part of this is it completely fucks up her own morality since she probably could have convinced her parents to let her donate some of that money to good causes, while tearing it up just leaves Mr Burns even richer and even more free to do unethical things with his money and power