Christopher Priest and Rafa Sandoval Team up for BLACK ADAM Series

>Powered by stunning art by Rafa Sandoval (Justice League) and breathtaking painted covers by Irvin Rodriguez (Detective Comics), writer Christopher Priest (Deathstroke, Justice League) brings his trademark wit and skill for character deconstruction to an entirely fresh examination of the man you love to hate! The first issue of BLACK ADAM series will be available at local comic book shops on Tuesday, June 21.

>“Forgive the cliché, but I’ve rarely been this excited about a new project,” said writer Christopher Priest. “DC has provided an amazing opportunity for me to explore and, to some degree, reimagine this character in a very new light while bringing new challenges and consequences to a man who has lived far too long and is desperate for redemption. Rafa Sandoval brings palpable voltage to every panel, bringing out my Kirby-Simonson Big Noise instinct as Rafa’s gifts take me to places I never knew I wanted to go. My only regret is we only have 22 pages a month for this.”

Attached: DC_BlackAdam_1_IrvinRodriguez.jpg (1054x1600, 159.95K)

>There is no forgiveness for Black Adam. This is the reality Teth-Adam, immortal man of indomitable will, must face when he discovers he has been infected with an incurable plague destroying his immortality. Haunted by the specter of centuries of dark deeds, Black Adam transfers his powers to a worthy successor who will redeem Adam’s legacy and defend their ancestral homeland of Kahndaq, only to subsequently become mystically “handcuffed” to him when Adam’s plague is arrested, giving birth to perhaps the most volatile and dysfunctional super-team in DC history!

>“I have been a lifelong fan of everything about Shazam and one of the things I always wanted is to draw a charismatic villain, and black Adam is perfect for this,” said Artist Rafa Sandoval. “This is the first time I’ve had an opportunity to work with Christopher Priest and his attention to detail, attentiveness and openness makes him a great creative partner.”

Attached: BlackAdamDesign01.jpg (1600x1130, 319.72K)

>BLACK ADAM
No you mean Shazadam

Attached: 1614682089446.jpg (1987x3056, 1.12M)

I dislike anything that isn’t pre-johns. Black Adam should be a repugnant piece of shit. Irredeemable and not looking for redemption. There is no wife he’s sad about, no country he loves.

I’m so sick of modern DC.

God remember when Rich the Leech thought this was serious and not just a shitty Bendia joke that was promptly forgot about like all of Bendis' DC work

>they heard 'black' and called Priest
but for real this should be good

I remember when people thought this was really going to be his new name. And it was just a joke in the comic. Fun times.

It's a good thing Priest is writing this then

> its another white character passing his mantle to black character series

I would be shocked if his successor isnt a we wuz pharaohs token character

Not really, he’s a faggot in his own ways.

cautiously optimistic

i like they are going to bring back the whole "i killed my nephew" from the new 52 so that cool

I do wonder who going to be the villain in this series or ar they going to make the "hero but in my point of view your evil"

adding a sidekick is a bit repetitive when Preist did that with Black Panther

>There is no wife he’s sad about
Isis

>priest
I just came.

>All of Black Adam's character evolution since like 2004 should be ignored

Go back to bed grandpa.

all comics from the 2000s should be ignored

No, 2010s maybe.

priest deathstroke was absolute kino

ARE YOU READY LADS, THE MAD LAD IS ABOUT TO DO IT AGAIN

9/11 ruined all american media and it never recovered.

>he thinks this started with 9/11

If this isn't good I'm gonna kill myself

Also if we don't get a JSA book at least within 3 months of the Black Adam movie coming out I'm gonna kill myself, DC's been teasing them for 6 fucking years now

>If this isn't good I'm gonna kill myself
fingers crossed that it's complete shit

>Teth-Adam
>White
U serious M8?

Exactly and she shouldn’t exist.

No. Johns ruined him and then cap.

NTA but Egyptians aren’t black either