Why do people hate the seasons with Carl and Pops?

Why do people hate the seasons with Carl and Pops?

Attached: 1634089666589.png (400x300, 214.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

johnnybravo.fandom.com/wiki/Johnny_Bravo_(series)/Season_2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Carl's redesing was shit

They made Johnny too stupid while originally he was a somewhat believable person who just happened to live in a crazy world

Those are the best seasons, nobody hates them.

I didn't hate them but it did take some getting used to because it felt so different from the previous seasons. And Johnny really got downgraded like said.

These seasons are objectively better than the bullshit seasons done by Johnny’s creator.

>Liking the seasons where Johnny is literally an NPC in his own show
Fuck that. I'll take the one where I'm laughing because of Johnny and not in spite of him.

They don't, though some people prefer season 1. I like all of Johnny Bravo, personally. The Carl and Pops seasons are great. What said is true, but because of that the humor can be goofier and sometimes funnier.
The first three seasons roughly equal I'd say, but the fourth season where Van Partible returned was the weakest.

>people
you mean Van Partible

>plans out season 2, then gets fired and replaced
>"All of these ideas eventually got shelved and the Warner Bros. takeover of Hanna-Barbera and Turner Broadcasting occurred. This led to Van Partible getting fired, allegedly due to his lack of experience and management skills, after Warner Bros. had heard that there had been "trouble" on the show (possibly referring to the first season's lower ratings.) The series was then handed over to Warner Bros. producer Gary Hartle and director Kirk Tingblad, whom previously worked on projects such as Animaniacs, to "see how it [would go.]" With this, the series underwent its first retool."
>"In 2016, Partible was clear about his opinion in an article he wrote for LMU Magazine, saying he could only compare the situation to "being forced to put your child up for adoption and watching it go to parents who were making choices you didn't agree with."[2] As a guest on the What's In My Head Podcast, Partible reiterated this and how he would have rewritten things, that "[the retooled version of Johnny] was not the character [he] created," and "[that wasn't] the world [Johnny] would get involved in." He also spoke openly about how he coped with the situation through prayer and therapy, although he has since "[learned] to live with it." Despite the hardship, Partible said, "I don't fault anyone who likes [the retool] or fault the producers, [they] did a great job— They made a show that people really loved, but I can't take credit for that version of it. [...] It's like someone complimenting you on something you didn't do. [...] It's a multi-layered thing."
johnnybravo.fandom.com/wiki/Johnny_Bravo_(series)/Season_2

I can't blame him for feeling that way, must suck having your show taken from you and then watching other people use your characters in ways you don't agree with.

Partible had his second chance to improve on where he went wrong with Johnny, but he instead chose to double-down harder on it. His opinion doesn't mean squat to me.

>first season johnny can solo an alligator
>later he gets his ass kicked by everyone and everything
They just didn't let him have any wins man.

>must suck having your show taken from you and then watching other people use your characters in ways you don't agree with
Any other examples of this?

2 and 3 > 1 > 4

Was coming to post this.

>Why do people hate the seasons with Carl and Pops?
Go home, Van Partible

Not to mention he went from someone in great shape to someone that had an unhealthy diet and was out of shape.

There's plenty of similar situations I'm sure, though the specifics vary. First that comes to mind is John K. losing Ren & Stimpy.

Yeah, I didn't like how much more pathetic they made Johnny. It lead to some funny moments, but I think the character was better before.

Something similar happens too with any show where the company owns the rights and not the original creator.

Attached: craig mccracken.png (599x319, 28.3K)

Attached: craig powerpuff reboot.png (592x769, 59.33K)