Sheep in the Big City

This series was surreal.

Attached: Sheep_in_the_Big_City_Title_Card.png (958x715, 1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ufeNQCgF-ms
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FINALLY! YOU DON’T KNOW HOW LONG I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR A SHEEP IN THE BIG CITY THREAD!
>I play the glockenspiel but you play the tuba

What's the creator up to nowadays?

Such a good show.

Children's picture books.
They're nothing objectionable, but it's still a shame this immense talent hasn't even been involved in animation since 2009, and that was for Sit Down Shut Up on FOX.

its just sheep in the pun city

A sheep? in the BIG CITY?

>the guy who gave use the offbeats and sheep in the big city is now giving kids piggy and elephant and the pigeon books
Huh, I never made the connection till now.

I found it funny but also pretty dorky

After SitBC he went to work on KND briefly then became a children’s book author.
WB greenlit 3 shows adaptations based off his books for HBO Max and Cartoonito.

Attached: 4B707E3A-CE56-47D4-AE39-84072E8997C1.jpg (1280x720, 274.02K)

Mo is such a nice guy, I remember when I was a kid I went to one of his book singings, and got “Goldilocks And The Three Dinosaurs” signed, and because I was a stupid kid who thought I knew everything, I mentioned the whole “um actually dinosaurs and humans couldn’t haven’t existed at the same time” thing. And I think he just played along and said something along the lines of “oh I didn’t realize that”. He’s a real sweetheart, plus he’s funny

>Sheep in the Big City
I didn't like it, i barely remember anything about it and every time somebody points out its a master piece or whatever i always say "Point out the funny bits then" becouse as far as i know it was a comedy, i never get an answer after that
Then again, maybe the dub i saw as a kid was actually really bad and the jokes got lost in translation or something becouse people that say its great keep popping up

Shit's hilarious now. I was too young and got filtered by it.
>General Specific
>Private Public
>Gen. Dentistry
>Gen. Practice

>the puns
>the jokes that played with language concepts
>the narrator interacting with the characters
>the fake commercial skits
If you want specific examples
>”we used the plot device!”
>”ANGRY! I AM AN ANGRY SCIENTIST”
>the bureaucrat song
>my voice is so high
>farmer John’s first name is farmer
>the idea that they built a ray gun that needs this one specific sheep to function
I like it a lot, though I understand why it might not be for everyone

I might have liked better if i saw it in english TODAY but in spanish and as a hyperactive little shit it bored me to tears

Even a Trek reference in episode 1. This went over my head so much as a kid.

Attached: 20220314_143601.png (1080x821, 734.06K)

I loved the joke names the military got.
youtu.be/ufeNQCgF-ms

You mean "SLEEP" in the big city, amirite!

Attached: 2307922-mung.jpg (720x960, 40.35K)

A buddy of mine was working on it, and the way he talked about it, so excited and jazzed, I really really wanted to enjoy the living fuck out of it. But when it came out I was... okay with it. I have to think something went missing between creation and distribution.

Yea, this is a problem. Seems like something that'd air better on Adult Swim than in the day blocks. Unless I'm seriously misremembering things.

You know, sometimes I think about the names and a few jokes I remember from the show. My response to a lot of the wordplay at the time was either I don't get it or that's stupid.

Awesome yet underrated cartoon.