Black Label is a failure

Black Label is a failure

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 107.03K)

what clue you in
>the oversaturation of batman titles
>the obsession to do only 3 type of stories both having to revolve around 1-2 ip
>the un-imaginative, un creative & playing safe stories
>the library of only like 3 actual good books
>the neutering when ever the a hint of backlash
>no marketing

Chris Conroy is a bad editor

Yeah cuz it just Suggested For Mature readers line from the 80's but bad which all those books became vertigo which has DC universe titles AND creator owned titles but Black label just DCU shit

Fighting words user.

Attached: a distant land awaits.png (956x2445, 3.34M)

It is? Seems like a good number of Black Label titles are selling well enough.

>OP is a failure

Attached: Ocean Pacific.jpg (499x296, 20.83K)

>hear about a new imprint from the big 2
>maybe they're doing something interesting
>check it out
>bat books
>check out

Who the fuck thought 'lasso of truth + superman's spine' was a good idea on paper?

There are a good number of horror books though.

>only the DARKEST and most MATURE titles
>n-no nudity or sex though, haha...

That was a WB thing. Blame that batpenis for making them flip out. Imagine if that never got the execs scared.

a guy who if Any Forums is told didn't know who wonder woman before writing it

I've read fanfic that went harder than that and it was actually well-written. Of course, it was for Marvel. OC-focused but still.
jesus fucking christ, one chapter was better than the entire label

What's funny is that Max quickly became exclusively used for Garth Ennis writing Punisher and nothing else aside from the occasional Fury comic also by Ennis, but I still respect it as a label much more than Black Label.

Attached: 5394140peace.jpg (1600x1211, 674.48K)

Social media has everyone scared to fuck up, because word spreads faster than ever, so things must be safe and not rock the boat. It will continue for the foreseeable future.

Love this dude's art but he only has one decent/good series under his belt, everything else he has been involved has been absolute dogshit writing wise.

link it.

Is Wondy black in this?

I can't wait until the pendulum swings back to everyone not being corrupt moral puritans anymore.

yeah but with the MAX the punisher was allow to do what he does but with boundaries pushed that he couldn't normally do in the main 616 timeline

In Black Label all they done is
1. retold Harley quinn origin again
2. "down to earth" batman book that acts like dark color=gritty
3. Batman vs joker book
4. suicide squad book because movie
5. book that imitating batman because "batman sells"
shit we already get in mainline book with nothing really different.

ao3
series/2342216

Boyhood is a prequel that spoils more subtle character cues in the main story, but it explains a lot of the meta stuff happening. You'll know it when you read it.

Everything past chapter 12 with the exception of the most recent chapter is one steep dive into existential and moral tragedy. That's the best I can describe it. Stands out among the rest.