Devil's Reign

What happened to Marvel events? They're so boring now I unironically miss Bendis/Hickman

Attached: clean.jpg (1821x2800, 688.8K)

Events have NEVER been good.

Devil's Reign is a pretty mundane event since it literally only concerns New York with only the threat that it'll spread to the white house.
In some way, that's kind of refreshing, but how am I supposed to buy into the hype of this being the next most evil thing ever? Like, how long has it been in-universe since Hydra Cap took over the country?

>since Hydra Cap took over the country?
wait what

Let me guess, you thought Civil War was good

is there gonna be a Devil's Reign omnibus or is it just a 6 issue thing?

>long has it been in-universe since Hydra Cap took over the country?
1 year.
secret Empire was 2018, 1 year of marvel time is 4 years in realtime unless it's X-men due to the main X-men editor not likling the concept of a sliding timescale.

because it was just supposed to be an arc in chip's run
marlel editors love to derail writer's plans it seems

Hey, let's not say things we can't take back.

Reed's arc in Civil War was the only time I've taken Tony seriously. Some of the other tie ins were good. Overall though, yeah. It was pretty bad.

That's because lately Marvel has been turning arcs that would be big when contained in their own book into full events. Devil's Reign would've been fine as a Daredevil Arc that had guest appearances from other people

what was the name of that crossover from a few years back of spidey daredevil and punisher?

>lately
i believe hickmna's infinity was one as well

PUNISHED FRANK
>i see you're dating again
good times

Yeah, Hydra Cap became head of SHIELD and used temporary emergency powers to become god-emperor of America, or some shit like that.

how did the writers do away with hydra cap once it was over

I'm pretty sure that was The Omega Effect. It was pretty good

They revealed HydraCap was created by the sentient Cosmic Cube and had her bring back the real Cap. Then HydraCap died in some later arc or something

This, plus ignoring the ramifications of HYDRA running things for an extended period of time, and arbitrarily making Kobik not resurrect the dead, only so that Dr. Strange could bring back Las Vegas, Black Widow could be a clone, and Rick Jones could get Green Door'd.

I prefer Marvel boring events like Empyre and Devil's Reign than complete shitshows like Metal or Dark Crisis

why?