Was it smart for Star Wars to go the "everything is canon and important" direction?

Was it smart for Star Wars to go the "everything is canon and important" direction?

Attached: Star Wars_ War of the Bounty Hunters - Star Wars_ War of the Bounty Hunters Issue #1 - 32~2.jpg (1988x2485, 725.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j0GZ3qSV9s0
youtube.com/watch?v=zsRaVHc9zw4
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPcRSJDFb1lm_jLMJwy-66JMPbiYVAwzI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is that emilia clarke?

>Was it smart for Star Wars to go the "everything is canon and important" direction?
when the fuck did that happen

How long before Jaina and Jacen somehow inexplicably reappear in Disney Wars? It's such a shitshow at this point it wouldn't surprise me.

Attached: 1632079657573.jpg (512x384, 39.36K)

When everything Disney churning out was seen as total dogshit

I really don't want Star Wars to have a multiverse. I loved the original Star Wars Tales series but if each and every one of those stories was an official alt-universe that'd ruin the magic.

Leia and Han clone Children much like Boba and Omega

>everything is canon
it was always like that
>and important
it was never like that, not even now

Yes

When Disney bought the franchise. In the old days, movies were considered higher canon than comics so the higher canon media would always trump the lower canon, so an inconsistency between what the movie showed and what a comic showed would always favor the movie (in theory anyway, the guy in charge at the time Leland Chee didn't really adhere to this but that's another discussion). After the buyout, the EU was dropped and they announced that going forward all works would be equally canon, with Lucasfilm Story Group being in charge of making sure everything connected. They mostly stuck to it for a while, though in the last few years they've just kind of abandoned it and now it's clear that we're back to movies/TV being a higher canon than everything else.

I think what happened is that they tried to stick to this, but then Rise of Skywalker happened and basically destroyed any semblance of a unified continuity by contradicting not only other works but the very movies it was a sequel to. I think LSG just went "fuck it" after that and decided to do a soft tier system.

Episode 9 fits way better than anybody gives it credit for

The way you phrased OP made it sound like Legends was canon again fyi, that might've been what that user was asking.

I'm not the OP though

I don't see how. It's so full of asspulls that it isn't even consistent with itself. Palpatine even randomly changes his plan halfway into the movie with no explanation. He wanted Rey alive and brought to Exegol so he could take over her body... so he tasked Kylo with killing her? Even with his usual keikaku powers that doesn't explain why he thought telling Kylo to kill her would somehow lead to her showing up. Why not just ask him to bring her to Exegol, why fool him into thinking he needs to kill her?

The movie being a sloppily written mess isn't really indicative of it fitting with the rest of the canon

The fact that it makes the prophecy of the chosen one completely meaningless is a big problem. Like it or not, that was a central plot point to the entire saga of 1-6. Before 9 you could at least argue that Snoke and Ren aren't Sith and Anakin at least bought a generation of peace. Now it turns out he didn't even do that, Sheev was only dead for maybe a day so he didn't even manage to end the Sith. So the Chosen One basically accomplishes nothing and the prophecy no longer serves any purpose, so the first six movies and especially the first three movies wasted time on a plot point that ultimately went nowhere.

The prophecy was already meaningless

Horses on a star destroyer

Lightspeed jumping or whatever it's called is explained not be possible the first time lightspeed is discussed in any Star Wars film....and this entire fleet does it. Also EC Henry has gone in detail on his channel about how lazy a lot of the designs are. The "new" Star Destroyers are the same as the ones from Rogue One just bigger (and they don't modify anything to make it work)

youtube.com/watch?v=j0GZ3qSV9s0
youtube.com/watch?v=zsRaVHc9zw4
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPcRSJDFb1lm_jLMJwy-66JMPbiYVAwzI

Attached: 1587502691_image.jpg (1280x720, 109.09K)

It's incredible how completely this franchise has been destroyed

Also...literally nobody answered Leia's call in Rise of Skywalker...that entire fleet answered Lando's. Even if that technically is possible it less a feeling of more to be desired. And I can accept that a few ships the size of the Millennium Falcon are able to lightspeed skip...but not all of that.

*Leia's call in Last Jedi. Goddammit.

I think you guys are misunderstanding. I'm not denying any sort of logical or space physics inconsistencies. I'm saying that the movie properly lines up with the books and comics that came before it, which is what OP was seemingly referring to