What would you like to see in a The Batman-esque standalone film reboot for Superman?

What would you like to see in a The Batman-esque standalone film reboot for Superman?

Attached: S.jpg (1060x938, 105.34K)

No Emo music, competent characters, less cringe dialogue, good action, not terrible cgi, and no wokeness.

Aka nothing like Matt Reeves Batman.

Snyderfags be SEETHING

Superman

a villain that isn't lex or zod

No.

WHITE PRIVILEGED ASSHOLES

>"i did not like popular thing"
Yeah and you felt the need to hijack a different thread so you could sperg about it.
Fuck off.

Nothing, let Superman be an optimistic hero and not grim and edgy.

A Superman who is friendly, kind, and actually helps and cares about people and does it with a smile on his face

>NOOOOO NOT THE BUZZWORDS NOTHING BUT THE BUZZWORDS AAAAH IM GOING INSANE FROM POLITICS IN CAPESHIT AAAHHH SAVE ME VOX DAY!!!!

I would like it to be grounded and realistic

Something closer to the original Donner film. The same way Reeves focused on the detective aspects of the character, I'd like a Superman movie to focus on the "boyscout" aspects of Superman. No huge fights, no focus on violence and weird villains, just Superman doing amazing superhuman feats to save people and do good. I love how there's basically no big fights in the 1978 movie, it's just a beautifully shot feelgood movie about him being an all-around great guy.

>why you no like this popular thing
Fanboy cope

Attached: 917.png (811x1049, 164.29K)

The Donner films but with more sci fi elements and what modern special effects allows
Brainiac as the villain

>A Superman who is friendly, kind, and actually helps and cares about people and does it with a smile on his face

We already have that, though.

Attached: oursupes.jpg (720x633, 36.87K)

>No huge fights, no focus on violence and weird villains, just Superman doing amazing superhuman feats to save people and do good.

Superman Returns tried to do that and it flopped miserably. You need action in a superhero film.

Yes, but with low budget and no cool villains allowed

>You need action in a superhero film
I agree, but the action doesn't need to be "super dude fighting another super dude". Returns failed because it was just extremely boring. The Donner films had great action without actually being violent.

Take him back to basics. Strong Farmboy who sees injustice in the world and uses his god given strength to do something about it.
Show me him busting into a room to stop a man from beating his wife. Show me him keeping a lynch mob from hanging an accused criminal.
Show me him standing with workers trying to organize a strike by scaring off some latter day pinkertons trying to bust it up.
Have him rescue a goddamn cat from a Tree just because. Miss me with this depressive shit if you're going to drag out the capeshit fad.

>wokeness

I genuinely wish people like you would commit suicide

Nice selfie, sperglord. Did the movie hurt you?
You're just as bad.

I wonder if a first movie wouldn't be better served by starting small. Have Superman try to solve a mystery in Metropolis, meaning that he:

1. Has to rely on his brain rather than just his powers,
2. Gets an excuse to interact with the main cast (Luthor is in this but as a red herring).

Then later movies can increase in scope.

Bizarro was pretty good.

F

Attached: HRN.png (609x512, 314.91K)