WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN: The Batman

>Ben Affleck would originally direct and star in the film. When he stepped down, Ridley Scott, George Miller, Denis Villeneuve, Matt Ross, Gavin O’Connor and Fede Alvarez were considered to replace him before Matt Reeves was hired, and when he later abandoned the project altogether, Reeves retooled it into a reboot about a younger Batman early into his crimefighting career.

>Early drafts feature Harvey Dent as the Assistant District Attorney who helps Batman and Jim Gordon to uncover the conspiracy and replaces District Attorney Gil Colson after the Riddler murders him.

>Early cuts feature Batman visiting the Joker in Arkham Asylum so he can profile the Riddler, and the Joker unnerving Batman by evidencing the ideological similarities between the Riddler and him.

>Dylan O’Brien, Ansel Elgort, Alexander Ludwig, Richard Madden, Kit Harington, Jack Huston, Jack Reynor, Jack O’Connell, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Nicholas Hoult auditioned for Batman before Robert Pattinson was cast. Hoult was the runner-up and Reeves’ backup choice.

>Alicia Vikander, Ana de Armas, Eiza González, Ella Balinska and Zazie Beetz auditioned for Catwoman before Zoe Kravitz was cast. Beetz was the runner-up and Reeves’ first choice.

>Jonah Hill was approached for the Riddler before Paul Dano was cast.

>Seth Rogen was approached for the Penguin before Colin Farrell was cast.

>Mahershala Ali was approached for Gordon before Jeffrey Wright was cast.

>Jeremy Strong was approached for Colson before Peter Sarsgard was cast.

>Farrell was overweight from another project when cast as the Penguin, but was unwilling to maintain that physique for the entire production. Reeves considered having the Penguin be slim before they compromised on Farrell wearing prosthetics. Farrell also unsuccessfully lobbied for the Penguin to smoke cigars.

Attached: 1647191107059.jpg (1012x1361, 370.62K)

>Affleck’s version would feature Bruce Wayne being framed for murder by Deathstroke and locked up in Arkham Asylum while Deathstroke attempts to destroy Gotham City as revenge for the death of his son Jericho. Batman escapes and joins forces with Barbara Gordon, who has adopted the identity of Batgirl. Together, they prove Bruce’s innocence and defeat Deathstroke, who forgives Batman when he learns that it was Robin who accidentally killed Jericho and Batman took the blame to protect him.

>In addition to Affleck, Jeremy Irons, J.K. Simmons and Joe Manganiello were set to return as Alfred Pennyworth, Commissioner Jim Gordon and Deathstroke, while Kristen Stewart and John Cleese were eyed for Batgirl and Deathstroke’s handler Bill Wintergreen. Jared Leto and Jesse Eisenberg were also rumored to appear as the Joker and Lex Luthor. Batman would encounter the Joker while in Arkham, whereas Luthor would be Deathstroke’s benefactor in his campaign against Batman.

Attached: 1647191148843.png (1173x715, 1.2M)

>Batman gives an angry teenager a fucking glaive
>Is surprised when he kills someone with it

WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE

Attached: Robin.jpg (800x445, 107.76K)

BRAVO SNYDER

Fucking Hell.

Ryback?

user you’re a fucking liar, no way would Jonah Hill and Seth Rogan be Riddler and Penguin outside of an SNL bit

They have both been transitioning into more serious roles for a while.

Of course, how could I forget the gravitas and multi-faceted character that is Rogan’s latest role?

Attached: B4962374-750D-44E9-A8AE-25E7843CB588.png (500x722, 497.34K)

It is very funny how often Snyder's material almost feels like a parody of himself

I never said that they stopped doing comedy, just that they have been trying to do both.

Neat.

Sounds like a dumpster fire.

I like how Deathstroke would just be absolved of all his crimes after hugging it out with Batman
What the fuck

Batman also regularly murders people in this continuity so it's all good.

Imagine the fucks of the timeline where this happens, poor bastards

>Jonah Hill.. as The Riddler.
>"You know what I like the most about being smart? You can just be horrible to people and they just have to take it."
>Seth Rogan.. as The Penguin
>"I'm a mobster, you're a cosplayer, I don't know what the fuck's going on! HUEHUEHUEHUE"
>And introducing Michael Cera as The Joker.
>"Oh... Oh God.."
>And James Franco as Carmine Falcone
"I dont want that Bathole messin' up my business."

Who does Danny McBride play?

Catwoman

>Batfleck is supposed to be an older Batman with 20 years of experience
>but in all of those years, he only ever had ONE Robin (and it's a dead Dick instead of dead Jason because... reasons) and didn't even meet Babs until this cancelled movie
God Snyder is such a retard. What's the fucking point of having a seasoned veteran Batman and not giving him a bigger Batfamily beyond Dick and Alfred? Literally zero worldbuilding went into this Batman, his Barbara should have been Oracle by now and not Batgirl starting just 20 years later. Fuck that idiotic uncreative hack

People don't care about the Batfamily beyond Alfred, Robin and Batgirl.

Simple as.

Because Snyder hates Robin, wanted lone wolf Batman, and the goal was always to skip straight to TDKR without any of the context that made that story work. The same way he skipped straight to Death of Superman for the character's second fucking movie.

I've never understood this complaint. Especially from Any Forums. Why is that live-action media essentially has to be a 1-for-1 retelling of the comic stories, but DC publishes an Elseworlds/Black Label or some other thing where, if Batman only had one Robin, and it's perfectly fine? The movies are extensions and as such should be treated like an Elseworld or multiverse.

>Because Snyder hates Robin

He wanted to introduce Carrie Kelly.

iirc, he casted both Batgirl and Carrie in BvS but the scenes were cut.

Nah, Jena Malone was in the movie and her scenes were cut, so people presumed she was Barbara, but it turns out she was just a S.T.A.R. Labs scientist.

Attached: Jenet Klyburn.jpg (640x536, 53.92K)

All of this is so horrible I have a hard time believing it is real.

>Hoult was the runner-up and Reeves’ backup choice.
Wow holy shit the movie we got is so much fucking better