ITT: Changes inevitable live-action Disney remakes will make

The live-action Peter Pan movie is going to have to change almost everything involving the indians. No way the "What makes the Red Man red" will be left in. Pocahontas will have to be changed even more.

Attached: Peterpan-disneyscreencaps-5563.jpg (1440x1080, 292.67K)

"Hook" already did away with the Indians, at most just offhandedly mentioning them as who Hook likes to kill when he's bored.

I want a Disney film where the Injuns from ‘Peter Pan’ team up with the Siamese cats from ‘Lady & The Tramp’, the black crows from ‘Dumbo’ and Uncle Remus from ‘Songs of the South.’

I mean, that's the worst song in the movie.

Yes, I know there are only three other songs, but that's no excuse.

I hope the live-action Hunchback of Notre Dame movie ditches the gargoyles.

Does anyone even care about "live action remakes" in the first place? If some random film studio said they were going to make a film about Peter Pan, nobody would be hyping that up, because it's such a boring idea that no one cares about. Having the Disney name attached is the only reason why anyone could possibly ever be excited about a Peter Pan film. The 2003 Peter Pan is considered one of the biggest box office bombs already, let's just leave it at that.

The Disney remakes are pretty weird from what I've seen. Like in Mulan they cut out the animal characters and songs, but added a storyline about magic to it, for some reason.

>Does anyone even care about "live action remakes" in the first place?
Anyone with half a brain doesn't care about them
I realized there's nothing about them to gain because they are so boring or doing nothing with the property
I saw live action lion king with my little cousin and I just went "they didn't change anything about this except they made them cgi"
Literally they had James Earl Jones read word for word what he said in the original
They are literally made to make money

I wonder if they'd make the Hercules remake slightly more mythologically accurate.

None of the Disney films are accurate to their original stories except for Cinderella really.

Welll Hook at no reason to feature them or mermaids.

The mermaids did briefly show up to save Peter from drowning.

What's the issue here?
Did no indians ever dress like this?
Did no indians ever use teepees or drums?
I'm not being rhetorical, I don't know if those things are actual indian heritage or if they're a popular stereotype founded on absolutely nothing.

It's a mixture of stereotype and heritage

We'll see Hercules in his very own MCU movie long before we see a remake of animated Hercules.

Different tribes had different cultures and customs. That's the bigger issue, even with the best of intentions, presenting a nondescript "indian" tribe is stereotypical by default.

>Different tribes had different cultures and customs
Well yea, of course.
But how the fuck do you cram a continent's worth of cultures into one tribe of... pff, let's say 50 people?

Live-action Tangled will give Rapunzel shoes for no damn reason

I think the issue is that the stereotypes are being aimed at a group where it's considered not acceptable or cruel. You could make cartoon characters where celts or vikings are crazy warriors that bang drums and no one would care, but if it's amerinidians it's seen as not okay, because of the racial caste system of our modern world. It's that simple. But there's also a double-think where the caste system also has to be destroyed at the same time, thus in this version you have an African Tinker-Bell.

Not wanting to hurt the actress' feet is a pretty good reason.

Only injuns care about the differences, stop building monuments celebrating losers.

>But how the fuck do you cram a continent's worth of cultures into one tribe of... pff, let's say 50 people?

Attached: 5ae.jpg (1177x640, 200.46K)

>stop building monuments celebrating losers.
Okay, Alabama.

Just how hard is it for your people to respect other people and their culture?

Disney would have to be really fucking stupid to do live-action Pocahontas, might as well redo Song of the South while you're at it.

Elsa and Anna will be black in Frozen live-action remake.

How hard is it for your people to accept their place?