Horror Comics

what are some good horror or horror related comics? Pic related is what I have so far

Attached: 9FAA4F5B-7AD1-48A1-B7CE-3459A60A3899.jpg (2416x2898, 1.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

comraderecs.tumblr.com/post/17325346254/general-comic-recommendations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That collection needs classic Man-Thing.

Also,
comraderecs.tumblr.com/post/17325346254/general-comic-recommendations

You really need to get reprints of the classic EC horror comics, like ‘Tales from the Crypt’, ‘The Vault of Horror’ etc. They were so intense for their time, they’re most of the reason for the Comic Code (the other part of the reason is because they thought Batman and Robin were fucking, but I digress). It’s a shame they were stopped after such a short time, but the ones that were made really hold up even after 70 years.

I know about the 3 Steve Gerber volumes. How does it compare to Swamp Thing? I like the Marvel monsters best when they’re doing their own thing instead of crossing over with iron man or spiderman etc
I’ve seen Dark Horse been reprinting some of them in trades lately but they seem to be doing it very slowly

Awesome! I see you took some of the recs from the last thread to heart.

If you want to see some good black & white art, check out the Warren magazines. The archives are expensive, but the 90s reprints from Harris like Creepy: The Classic Years and Eerie's Greatest Hits are great samplers.

I REALLY like the stories from the black and white magazines that are included in the Marvel volumes, so that sounds interesting

anything by Steve Niles. One of my favs is Transfusion.

Now, this is horror

Attached: 001.jpg (613x447, 86.3K)

>swamp thing
>horror
Might as well say hellboy and immortal hulk

The original Wein-Wrightson Swamp Thing doesn't get the love it deserves.

Attached: 27WRIGHTSON-5-obit-articleLarge.jpg (600x898, 227.47K)

>How does it compare to Swamp Thing?
Completely different. Man-Thing is mindless, wondering around like an animal. Most of the stories focus on people around him encountering the strange and supernatural. It's really only in some of the very early issues that he crosses over with superheroes.

>swamp thing
>hellboy
>immortal hulk
>not horror
What are they then?

I read the first Bronze Age trade, and the first few issues are great, and then it turns into pretty typical-feeling monster-of-the-week, if not superhero comics. I'm still buying the other two volumes because it seemed worth reading, but I was surprised and a little disappointed.

The black and white Marvel magazines (like the ones in your Dracula trades) are a watered down ripoff of the Warren classics. If you like them at all definitely check out Warren's Eerie, Creepy, etc.

Even among fans Tower of Shadows is really underrated.

Bronze Age Marvel horror anthology that only lasted a handful of issues before Stan ruined it but featured original horror stories from Steranko, Neal Adams, Barry Windsor Smith, Wally Wood, Ditko, Kirby, Denny O'Neil, Gene Colan, Romita, etc.

Attached: 6547.jpg (930x1394, 544.72K)

Okay Any Forums, are there any SCARY comics?

Attached: 1498090239207.png (519x526, 25.86K)

kek

Did You Hear What Eddie Gein Done? is true crime, but definitely reads like horror.
Red Room started it's second volume this week, with the first trade out. Very graphic and most fans into that particular type of horror I've show it to are sold with the first page they see.
Something is Killing the Children is more an action-horror and might be a bit too superhero-ish for you, but is very popular and might be worth at least looking at.
Blue in Green is very psychological about a man's slow breakdown into insanity.
Grant Morrison's Nameless is hard to describe. I've only read it once and it left me feeling physically ill and mentally drained. Still not sure if I think it was good or bad. Either way it won't be for eveveryone. Lots of esoteric magic references and confusing plot that is more metaphor than an actual narrative.

Define scary? Something like The Nukeface Papers can certainly be extremely unsettling.

>Nameless

Nameless is awesome but holy shit is it dense. Probably Morrison's most difficult comic.

It does definitely annoy me kek

I think The Filth might be more confusing. Lots of spectacle to lighten it up and spread across more issues so I'll agree it's not as dense though. For all the effect Nameless had on me I think it's not as difficult as people say if you know the magick concepts involved. Aside from Invisibles I think I've read or listened to everything Morrison has to say about that as well as doing some of my own study, so that part was pretty easy for me. The Aeon of Maat stuff in particular that the ending relied on was talked about in some depth in Supergods.