Tyler in "Turning Red"

I liked his character development. They didn't stick him in the "bully jock" role forever.

Attached: tumblr_2ab9435afa492f96ff53da5ce0ce871f_b11babfe_400.jpg (324x324, 43.63K)

he's cute, I really like him

>I liked his character development.
He didn't receive any character development, what are you talking about?

>Development
>Suddenly shows up at the concert as a flaming faggot

That's not development, user.

Pedo.

He turns out to be a secret fan of 4Town and gay for Aaron Z, joining the protagonist's inner circle as the gay friend.

His appearance clearly hinted that he was just trying to hide that he was gay. He looked so tryhard as a bully.

That's not development, that's lazy gay-baiting. And it obviously worked on you, mindless gay retard.

Technically it's not Tyler's story. Making it a formal coming-out tale would have distracted from the main narrative.

Yeah so why include it at all? Again you can't call it development if there's no development. He just shows up as suddenly a fag.

It is development since he goes from an antagonistic bully to a friend of the protagonists.

Attached: 28.png (164x195, 85.03K)

You can't call it development if there's nothing inbetween.

He doesn't have many screencaps yet.

He doesn't just go, "I'm suddenly your friend now". They have to knock him down to size first.

Though they could have dropped more hints he was a 4Town fan.

In concept art he was shown to have his braces stuck with Miriam as if they tried to kiss. They probably changed his character along the way.

Attached: 7.png (278x262, 167.79K)

Who never lisped or showed many stereotypical gay interests. All he did was crush on a guy and be a fanboy of a band.

>Who never lisped or showed many stereotypical gay interests.
Being gay means liking the same sex, not dressing like a fruitcake and being in ballet.

That's my point. Tyler was a nice break from a lot of gay characters.

>nice break
>squees at the sight of another man

Yeah okay.

He's both a fanboy and crushing hard on a guy in the same band. He has the right to squee.

More characterization than development.

He definitely reminded me of Alberto from "Luca".