Early 2000

Why is it set in the early 2000s?

Attached: red-v2-47243[1].jpg (800x1168, 152.03K)

Because the producers apparently wanted to insult the memory of quite literally everyone who was alive at that time (which would be most of the planet).

Attached: Turning Iraq Red.jpg (4608x2592, 1.81M)

Hijabi bitch would have been raped if she went out like that lmao. People were getting attacked if the even vaguely looked middle eastern.
>Chink self insert looks white
>Makes Pajeeta absolutely ugly
Lmaoooo CCP tier

I wish the movie felt more like this poster image rather than...what we actually got.

Last interesting period

Shit taste

Attached: turning-red-japanese-movie-poster.jpg (500x708, 134.01K)

lol I still think about that "mission accomplished" banner unfurling behind bush whenever I fuck something up

This film is in Canada

Imagine going into this movie expecting this.
F japan

That's my point exactly. The film is almost totally disconnected from the reality of the time period it's actually set in. It would be the equivalent of the a film set in 1914 with no mention of the July Crisis and the start of World War I, 1939 with no mention of Nazi Germany's invasion of Poland and the start of World War II, 1968 with no mention of Vietnam or the assassination of Martin Luther King, 1989 with no mention of the Fall of the Berlin Wall, 2001 with no mention of September 11th.

Frankly, I find it legitimately insulting because I'm not even 29 and I still remember all the awful shit that went down in that year vividly.

I feel you bro

Attached: armed-us-marine-corps-usmc-marines-assigned-to-17-ccompany-1st-platoon-use-798678-1600.jpg (1600x1079, 678.7K)

So? Canada saw some of the largest protests in the run-up to the war. Tens of thousands of people marched in freezing weather to demand peace, just as they're doing in Russia right now.

Attached: No_war_20220305_100311_best_view.jpg (4032x3024, 1.42M)

The first person to be killed in revenge killing for 9/11 was an Indian sikh and a hindu woman. People who looked vaguely middle eastern or Muslim. Lmao. I get the movie is kids movie and all that but they the social conditions seem like mid 00s.

TAMAGOTCHIS!!

Because smartphones weren't a thing in 2002. Even camera phones were pretty new and had a resolution of about 0.3 MP. If everyone (particularly kids) was walking around with high quality cameras, the whole plot never would have worked.

What is this Any Forums revisionist shit you're spewing?

>Because the producers apparently wanted to insult the memory of quite literally everyone who was alive at that time (which would be most of the planet).
Based Pixar.

I pray to God that DreamWorks makes another Kung Fu Panda.

>thinking that the Iraq War was a fucking disaster at every level imaginable makes you a Any Forumstard

Attached: really dude.png (469x452, 276.67K)

I recall barely paying attention to 9/11 and the Iraq war as a kid. And this movie is neither centered around the hijab woman nor the janitor.
Also it's pre-smartphone Canada. Only US citizens got to experience this grand all-encompassing 9/11 meltdown

No one was thinking about Iraq until 2004, you dumb bitch. It was all about Afghanistan.

>No one was thinking about Iraq until 2004, you dumb bitch.

Come back when you're actually old enough to browse this site you underage faggot.

Attached: San Francisco police detaining anti-war protesters February, 2003.jpg (403x301, 82.66K)

Are americans the most self-absorbed people on earth? Are they unable to imagine a world in which children in other countries weren't closely following every moment of their national humiliation?

Two reasons.
1) Storytelling in a world before smartphones, because when everybody has a camera and the internet in their pocket it makes it harder to tell some kinds of stories.
2) It's the time the creators relate to for their early teens.

Holy shit you're such a whiny bitch

Afghanistan protest. Try harder.