Why was the Penguin an italian american?

Why was the Penguin an italian american?
>Oswald Cobbelpot
Doesn't sound italian too me

Attached: 90c7931ca5ae376ef755be7757ea05ac-the-batman-penguin-smoking-colin-farrell-1280x720.jpeg.jpg (1280x720, 156.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian-American_Civil_Rights_League
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Italian Gangsters is safe and proven, you literally can't take any type of risk in these movies user

italians don't mind being mocked or parodied unlike certain other nationalities

I think he’s just more meant to sound east coast.

because Matt Reeves doesnt actually like Batman he just wants to take 90s crime films and remake them with Batman cosplays

lel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian-American_Civil_Rights_League
>The Italian-American Civil Rights League (IACRL) was originally formed as a political advocacy group created in New York City in April 1970. William Santoro, a defense attorney that represented many Colombo crime family figures, was responsible for the legal work that incorporated the league. Its stated goal was to combat pejorative stereotypes about Italian-Americans, but in actuality it operated as a public relations firm to deny the existence of the American Mafia and improve the image of mobsters.
>In April 1970, Joseph Colombo created the Italian-American Civil Rights League, the month his son Joseph Colombo Jr. was charged with melting down coins for resale as silver ingots.[1] In response, Joseph Colombo Sr. claimed FBI harassment of Italian Americans and, on April 30, 1970, sent 30 picketers outside FBI headquarters at Third Avenue and 69th Street to protest the federal persecution of all Italians everywhere; this went on for weeks.[1] On June 29, 1970, 50,000 people attended the first Italian Unity Day rally in Columbus Circle in New York City.[2][3][4] Footage of the 1970 rally appeared in the film Days of Fury (1979), directed by Fred Warshofsky and hosted by Vincent Price.[5] In February 1971, Colombo Jr. was acquitted of the charge after the chief witness in the trial had been arrested on perjury charges.[6]
>The group then turned its attention to what it perceived as cultural slights against Italian-Americans, using boycott threats to force Alka-Seltzer and the Ford Motor Company to withdraw television commercials the league objected to. Another group success was that U.S. Attorney General John Mitchell ordered the U.S. Justice Department to stop using the word "Mafia" in official documents and press releases.[7] The league also secured an agreement from Albert S. Ruddy, the producer of The Godfather, to omit the terms "Mafia" and "cosa nostra" from the film's dialogue

Because dceu fans will eat up anything that this point. It's highest grossing film was about a guy that talks to fish.

Attached: 1581592263209.jpg (1600x1120, 1.34M)

his point still have to be disproven
you have to read and understand things when you cite it, you know

read thisdoing these kind of censorship was (and actually is) just a gimmick to cover something else

>Italian-American
Stop pushing this SJW meme.

I will once you lose your virginity

you showed him champ

Cobblepot is canonically from UK (maybe, since they say he's faking the accent), simple as that

>Cobblepot
>UK

I think he's like a Robert Maxwell of real life. you know like a double agent media mogul, who larps as a British person but really isn't British at all. Media is important to infiltrate because you can steer public option without having any real value or skills.

Just don't call them wops, guineas, or dagos. Stereotypes are fine in hollywood as long as you use PC language.

I'm Italian (not Italian-American) and the only controversy I ever recall is a brief "we're TIRED of always being the mafiosos" after Dreamworks's "Shark Tale" which premiered in Venice.
The complaints lasted around a week, with one or two newspaper articles, and then everybody collectively forgot about it, and I've never heard of any such grievance again since.
If you mention this today, nobody even remembers there was ever a problem with "Shark Tale".

Nobody remembers Shark Tales in first place

>Gertrude Kapelput
Sounds german to me.

that high pitched lieutenant in the gcpd was funnier imo

>Gertrude Kapelput
you mean Miranda Cobblepot
no one mentioned "Gertrude" before Gotham and i'm sure no one involved in that show had really read comics

Ever here of a Jewgene like Ronnie the Limo Driver? Or Fonzie, or Mikey Miles? Jews that live their lifes imitating Italians. I don't think Oswald's a jew? But it's not far off, lets say he was, it's an easy way to be taken more seriously/seem tougher in his business.

Guy's family can pickup a surname along the way?

He was born Oswaldo Cobblepazzi

Gotham is in New Jersey. It'd be funny to make Batman more of a wop.