Why are they religious?

I probably ignore a detail or two of the big leap forward but.... why was her family religious?

Also, how common is to find random chinese shrines in Canada?

wait, why do they follow the ancient chinese religion? (with taking care of a chinese pagoda and worshipping ancestors and all that)

I thought chinese were atheists by default, I don't know how Mao would have felt knowing that Chinese citizens rejected his ideals completely when migrating to America (or Canada)

Attached: images - 2022-03-13T014455.158.jpg (739x415, 36.75K)

That's not a religion nigger. Ancestorism is still practiced in China today.

It's not religion, it's occult. Typical Hollywood Satanic Disney shit.

What is the difference?

>I probably ignore a detail or two of the big leap forward but.... why was her family religious?
Because they're adhering to traditions, which is a big part of the story.
>Also, how common is to find random chinese shrines in Canada?
Not uncommon in big cities.
>wait, why do they follow the ancient chinese religion? (with taking care of a chinese pagoda and worshipping ancestors and all that)
Tradition.
>I thought chinese were atheists by default, I don't know how Mao would have felt knowing that Chinese citizens rejected his ideals completely when migrating to America (or Canada)
China isn't a hivemind. There's a lot of religious Chinese people, and a lot of them wind up leaving China to pursue religion free of oppression.

Eh, there's plenty of Christfag Chinese who got out specifically because they were Christfags. Go to any mainstream denomination's services now and you'll see a good chunk of the congregation are either Chinese or Korean.

>There's a lot of religious Chinese people, and a lot of them wind up leaving China to pursue religion free of oppression.

I didn't know about it.
So Mei's family has been in Canada for many generations I presume?

The real mystery of the movie is how the government didn't arrest and sent Mei's mom to guantanamo for doing a literal domestic terrorist attack.

A literal kaiju attacking a stadium would cause hundreds of deaths

China doesn't have religion they're just superstitious.

Chinese have been in the Americas since before China went commie. Have you ever heard of Shen Yun?

>muh communism
China has literally never had a proper religion. They have philosophies like Confucianism.

I do know about that because I've met a lot of really religious Chinese people.

No I don't know him but I am aware of the chinese immigrants that came to the continent.
I just assumed that the CCP had enough influence to meddle with modern chinese descendants.

>Because they're adhering to traditions, which is a big part of the story.
I asked in another thread, what Chinese tradition involved red pandas? I don't really know about many stories about Red Pandas vs Dragons or Tigers. I'm asking a real question about this.

Otherwise I just want to complain that this Red Panda faith is made up for the film and it's still left vague enough to not upset the white christians.
> a lot of them wind up leaving China to pursue religion free of oppression.
Canada offered free citizenship to the people of Hong Kong at one point in history.

Idiot

So is this belief system like catholics and their many saints? or how does it work?

Chinese people were literally railroad slaves in the 19th century.

Chinese folk religion is a big thing. It's mostly focused on ancestor worship, but there's some specific deities that people pray to, i.e Mazu (goddess of the sea), Guan Yin (goddess of mercy) and Guan Yu (god of war).

It's not a serious, organised faith like Christianity or Buddhism. More like a 'light' religion that people just follow in their everyday, almost like a superstition. I'd compare it to Shintoism in Japan.

This meme should explain it to you user

Attached: images - 2022-03-13T020105.499.jpg (648x473, 42.52K)

Plus in Australia a lot of them came out during the Gold Rush in the 1850s and 60s.

I have read about that, I think they were sent go San Francisco in really bad conditions that make them not earn enough money.
Anyways, did this same problem happen with Canadians?

>Amerimutt education
I bet you believe Iraq did 9/11

Shen Yun is mostly a cult with the same sort of preaching as Scientology. Their existence is complicated but they love to extort white people's money by claiming that the CCP make their faith forbidden. That's the only super religious types of Chinese people I'm aware about.

Attached: Eventim-1080x1080-9c0d9f0edb.jpg (1080x1080, 159.57K)

Oh, is this related to the Falun Gong?
I'm not trying to make this conversation a political debate but albeit one of the things I knew about the topic is that the CCP hates all of this traditions.

There's Chinese Christians and Chinese Buddhists and Chinese Taoists and even Chinese Muslims. What are you guys talking about?

Attached: maxresdefault (9).jpg (1280x720, 148.55K)

Neither am I but before the pandemic took off, these guys were advertising all over the place around here, and I had to look into them. Their ballets are insanely boring.

I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say that they take elements of their folk lore and scew them to favor their group's suffering.