ITT: Unpopular Any Forums Opinions

Invader Zim is nothing more than pre-Rick & Morty but for edgy kids and tweens.

Attached: invader zim depression.png (656x263, 22.47K)

zim never tried to take itself seriously

Then switch the TV off and take a jog in the park you retarded fat sack of shit

That's an unpopular opinion because it doesn't make any sense.

>LOOK AT MUH CONSUMERIST SOCIETY
>SOCIETY IS MEANINGLESS
>LE FUNNY EDGY HUMOR

I hate mentally ill people like this that caused all cartoons to be comfy womfy boring shit like Craig of the Creek

Rent free

And when it did it was all build up to another gag

The best example is "Backseat Drivers Among the Stars" which is Jhonen's masterpiece. Literally every episode throughout all 2 of its seasons, the comics, and Enter the Florpus cannot even fucking compare to how amazing that one episode is.

Its perfect.

The "plots" of Craig of the Creek aren't even the worst part of that show. Ben Levin the creator of the series doesnt have any semblance resembling self control

That show has WAY too many fucking characters like it wants to take the KnD approach where there are constantly an ever expanding roster of operatives but the main idea for when KnD did it was these operatives would show up once and then disappear probably forever never mentioned again

Ben wants ALL these characters to matter and sometimes he takes it too far where the characters that he's clearly playing favortism with get way too much screentime.

Unlike rick and morty, invader zim is a cute show

Attached: adorb cute.png (250x296, 86.38K)

And it still managed to be shamelessly retarded. Never took itself seriously despite there having been a lot of technical know-how and effort under the surface, while from the first time I saw it Rick and Morty struck me as the perfect example of something trying very hard to come off as the creation of irreverent intellectuals. No baby's-first-social-observation from twenty-something goth writers thrown in with every other dumb thought that ran through their heads like with Invader Zim, just way too old pseuds somehow still trying desperately to be seen as smarter than they are. Neither series has anything clever to say, but they're coming from very different places and it shows.

Attached: 1621065516547.jpg (1080x1059, 72.78K)

Ren & Stimpy and Ed, Edd n Eddy are both ugly gross shows made by Canadians but for some reason they get a pass from all the other ugly gross Canadian cartoons.

Invader Zim never tried to be intellectual or nihilistic. It was just unapologetically dark and weird

Solar Opposites is a really good show.

I can see on the surface why you would make that comparison, but I think the big difference between the two is that Zim never reached high profile success the way Rick & Morty has. It had to struggle to stay on the air against much more palatable cartoons of the time and was cancelled after only like two seasons. Rick & Morty enjoys a reputation for being secretly high brow because it indulges in moments of pathos the internet eats up and debates over. Zim never did much of that, it knew it was the anti-Rugrats and it received a fate that matched. Even if it had come about in an age where the internet could bolster its cult following, it wouldn’t have been cameo on the Simpsons tier, not by a long shot.

This

>So, you can see, children, that our whole society is nothing more than a perilous house of cards...
>Destined to collapse under its own weight.

Attached: under its own weight.png (552x368, 278.69K)

>>LOOK AT MUH CONSUMERIST SOCIETY
>>SOCIETY IS MEANINGLESS
Yes.

Attached: gettyimages-51715241[1].jpg (300x300, 17.13K)

>Yes.
Then is where you belong sir, your nazi beliefs shall not be tolerated here.

>Maaaan, OP! You think just 'cause someone looks different, you can call them edgy?!?
>I GUESS OLD KID'S AN EDGY TOO, HUH?
>How's it goin'?

Attached: Old_Kid.JPG.jpg (400x300, 104.87K)

>Will not be tolerated.
Shut your bitch ass up, monkey.

That's more like Bojack Horseman, not Rick and Morty.

Because they're ugly and gross in an appealing way

*As is Zim, wasn't trying to leave it out

This has to be bait. How is Ted Kaczynski a Green anarchist a nazi?

He said "Shall not".
And talked about Any Forums for no reason.
It's bait.

Attached: 1608513714431.jpg (1080x771, 153.37K)

based