Now that the dust has settled, what did we think of this?

I really liked it, 8/10 for me.

My only criticisms are

>Shang-Chi is a little bland during the more serious moments
>Death Dealer jobbed too fast for someone built up as a such a badass
>The pacing drags for a good while once they reach the magical city
>The dragon fight at the end was boring, climax should have been Shang-Chi VS. Wenwu

Looking forward to the sequel.

Attached: Shang-Chi.jpg (940x992, 320.19K)

Tony Leung was a pleasure as always, but that's pretty much all I have to say about it desu. The humour was so fucking bad, holy shit.

Stupid and nonsensical. Cigar frog was annoying and that tram car fight was way too long. The actor is a total tool who spends his time whining about his dick on reddit

Remember when people thought this had been a success and then Spider-Man made three times its box office?

When the movie gets to the magical city it becomes crap. The more CGI on screen, the worse it was.

It was a success and Spider-Man made lots of money

6/10 at best

Spider-Man being a behemoth doesn't invalidate Shang-Chi's success.

leung should've been the protag

Literally no one expected No Way Home to pull those numbers in the middle of a pandemic, especially right after omicron popped up.

It was passable and with the rings Shang Chi has a fighting gimmick good enough to keep him around for now

It was alright, but I cringed at the father being bested by the mother with her hidden dragon crouching tiger bullshit.

It was alright. As far as superhero movies go it's serviceable.

Stale bread/10

I mean.....what do you expect in a Shang Chi movie?

It shows what character people give a fuck about and therefore who will get more emphasis from disney

I enjoyed the parts that were more American Chinese, you could see the heart and soul from the actors and director for those segments. You could also tell when the suits were banging on the door and demanding they add in more China pandering though because we get the weird ass wuxia shit with the spinning dances. The movie is interesting to me as a result because you can actually see the internal war of the actual people on set trying to make a fun American Chinese kung-fu film and the suits throwing a fit on the floor about how there's not enough bait for China and forcing things to be included. That internal war where one side is refusing to compromise drags it down

Spider-Man has always been Marvel's biggest hero, they don't need (another) box office hit to realize that.

But that shit is wuxia 101.

It was thoroughly average. Tony Leung carried the movie hard. The building fight was the only good bit and even then, old school HK films have done those kinds of fights better.

I was hoping the Dad was going to slap her shit in then rape her into submission.

>what did we
Fuck what “WE” thought about it, what did YOU think of it Op? Stop talking like a slave

>we
Kys