I'm tired of a Batman who acts like an angry man child. This is still the best Batman/Bruce. Just look at him...

I'm tired of a Batman who acts like an angry man child. This is still the best Batman/Bruce. Just look at him, even without a costume he looks more like Batman than Pats Batman in full costume. Out and in costume he was great. Whatever happened to actually being a competent detective and level headed fighter.

Attached: Michael-Keatons-Batman-vs-Robert-Pattinsons-Batman.jpg (1200x600, 70.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1Ibj9OMHURc
youtu.be/PxLFXnj9Nz8
collider.com/tim-burton-batman-the-animated-series-influences-comparison/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love Michael Keaton in the role. He lacks the physicality and believable fighting ability as Bruce out of the suit, but it works regardless. Batman's detective side is neglected too often.

Attached: vicki vale.png (1261x1027, 1.53M)

Kinda funny Burton, a man that admitted didn't like comics that much, still understood that Batman is supposed to be set in a fantastical city full of wonders and unrealistic stuff. A lonely man fighting against freaks and mutants and monsters.

Now we have true "fans" like Reeves that instead just copy Nolan and make him more REALISTIC than ever.

Gotham before Burton was just NYC though. You were too young to remember that so it just feels more right to you.

Ever since Nolan Batman has been nothing but a screaming over the top manchild. Can barely find a picture with his mouth closed because he spent the whole time doing that silly voice, shouting, and mouth breathing. Ironically it was Keaton to be the first person to change his voice on film and it was much better.

Attached: uHSFstc.gif (300x225, 205.84K)

Those burton films ruined so many of you normies.

There really hasn’t been a live action Batman film since 66. None of the later ones did anything but change everything to suit the egotistical directors and producers.

Yeah, Burton and TAS (itself influenced by the Burton films) had a huge impact on future Batman stuff and how the character is perceived.

>understood
No, he didn’t. He also wasn’t the writer or director. He was just an actor.

This isn’t true at all. Why do you normies think this?

TAS was influenced by the comic writers who worked for it. The only thing 89 allowed them to do was use a lot of heavy black visually and some elfman inspired music.

Returns had obvious problems with too much rewrites, but this is still the most beautiful scene in any Batman film IMO, so moody:
youtu.be/1Ibj9OMHURc
This is how a Batman film should look and feel like

It's possibly rivaled by this scene, the best on screen Joker moment IMO:
youtu.be/PxLFXnj9Nz8

Only a angry man child can dress up as a bat to beat up a bunch of mentally ill people.

There's other stuff, like The Penguin's design being inspired by his look in Returns that came out three months before the show. I believe in that case they were asked to make the design look more like the movie.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-03-12 at 10-30-50 The-Penguin-Batman-The-Animated-Series-Both-Looks.webp (WEBP Image 1400 × 700 pixels).png (1400x700, 1.48M)

>Muh realizm

Which part of New York was the part with the giant Typewriters again?

Physically he did train, kick boxing, he just was more cut than big. If were to take a physique built for pure fighting, than it would look more so like that and it would be the more believable, just got to look at combat sports. And the costumes he had generally looked more natural. Of all the actors he probably had the most realistic fighting physique. Because huge weight lifting muscles actually slow down your ability to punch as hard or fast because of the contraction/different muscle fibers worked out.

Attached: 1986tg.jpg (420x341, 22.39K)

collider.com/tim-burton-batman-the-animated-series-influences-comparison/
Relevant article if anybody's interested

>I'm tired of a Batman who acts like an angry man child.
You mean exactly like Keaton, who slept upside down, blew up a factory with people inside, shot at people with a jet, tossed a guy down a clocktower, among other anger induced fights?

Also, as a person who does combat sports, that level of definition is actually very impressive and does not come without lots of work.

Not really, realistically youd get killed on the first day being a hothead lmao.

>Now we have true "fans" like Reeves that instead just copy Nolan and make him more REALISTIC than ever.
Don't do hyperbole, user. This movie was not at all as "realistic" as Nolan. Even just Gotham itself- in this movie it's comically gritty and dirty with giant skyscrapers at every corner, including a full gothic cathedral apartment atop a tower and a bunch of gargoyles atop the skyscraper for the police department, where Batman just openly mingles with the cops and there's a spotlight in the sky visible anywhere. Nolan's Gotham meanwhile was just Chicago except for the train in Begins.

>Coverart by Swedish artist exclusive for Swedish edition of Batman back in 1979
Did they know already?

Attached: 466646499_c18b0375-4a64-461a-9ed4-2e8857b0f90e.jpg (675x900, 129.87K)

>I believe in that case they were asked to make the design look more like the movie.
Yes but also not given any materials for that, so the artists just literally went to a filming session and sat around sketching Danny DeVito and the sets

Yeah I remember reading about his training and preparation for the role. He did well in that regard and you're right about his definition. I don't know, maybe it's just his face. Something about him doesn't feel very imposing. Been a while since I've watched the movie though, maybe his fighting is more impressive than I remembered.

>Been a while since I've watched the movie though, maybe his fighting is more impressive than I remembered.
It's not that impressive but I wouldn't blame him for it- remember how limiting the suit was compared to the modern ones we have.

True, the suit was apparently super hard to move in

The obvious example is plain simply how he couldn't turn his head. Which in a sense kind of adds to the imposing unnatural nature, how he's just always standing menacingly and always fully turns his body to give all of his attention to whatever he's looking at. But is also very silly

Could be his height, he's the only Batman actor under 6 foot.