It has been 13 years since the last good Pixar film, Soul and Coco aside. What the hell went wrong?

It has been 13 years since the last good Pixar film, Soul and Coco aside. What the hell went wrong?

Attached: up.jpg (2048x1584, 518.21K)

shut up retard

because you can only rehash the same "two opposite characters go on a journey together" so many times

You got old.

is there a reason why you chose to make a new thread out of all the existing ones

Aside from the sad intro and them throwing the old villain out of a plane, I don't remember anything about this movie.

>Disney buys Pixar
>Disney takes Lasseter away from Pixar
>Disney forces Pixar to make movies lead by unknowns
>Disney forces Pixar to release more movies per year, stretching them thin
>Disney forces Pixar to make more sequels
>Disney forces Pixar to be experimental while Disney makes pop movies with princesses
>Disney forces Pixar movies to streaming while their own movies are in theaters

>Soul and Coco aside
So what you’re saying is that it hasn’t been 13 years since the last good Pixar film

they were good

That would make it sound like there haven't only been 2/14 films since then that have felt Pixar caliber. Makes sense that Coco and Soul embody that excellence as they're Unkrich and Docter projects

Two words
China
Liberals

Coco was...meh, but I'll allow it since it has a little artistic value. Every other Pixar movie since Cars are horrible, but they really should've stopped at Finding Nemo.

Luca. Soul, and Turning Red all feel like streaming movies though. Feel like I wouldn't have liked them at all if I payed movie ticket prices to see them. They are perfect little movies to watch at home.

>What the hell went wrong?
John Lasseter got the boot, lots of original story heads who helped made some of the best Pixar films are not allowed to work under the same creative conditions as before and have since left the studio (Andrew Stanton, Brad Bird), the whole "Bear and the Bow" controversy with Brenda Chapman saying what a dictator Lasseter was over story direction at Pixar caused a lot of internal friction that made people want to leave, Pete Doctor will no longer be writing films as Soul was his last project before promotion, and finally, as a result of ALL of this shit, Pete Doctor is now being pushed into the position to allow more creative freedom among the new generation of Pixar so they can make more personal projects to their own taste. This results in a lot of "varying quality" projects told by people with some inexperience at being a director rather than a series of films that feel like they're being supervised by the same group of masterful storytellers.

If I mention the movies Onward, Luca, and Turning Red, almost everyone who replies to me will tell me they like one movie but hate the other two. Or hate two movies but this movie is okay. But if I mention WALL-E, Ratatouille, and Up, most people will respond they were all consistently good.

Yeah...I feel like the only one who disliked all three of those movies.

It's been a gamble ever since they stopped using their pitches from that famous lunch 1994, and relented to doing more sequels.

Attached: virgin vs chad pixar.png (3293x1348, 739.23K)

It's why I say "most people". I don't want to imply those movies are perfect or that someone is dumb for not liking all three. But on average, people will like all three of those movies because they are nearly identical in tone and writing style the same way that Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and Lion King are. And if you don't like that style, it's natural you'll hate all three.

It's the same process that Mike Lazzo used to do when he ran Adult Swim. He only approved projects that he personally liked. So a lot of people who enjoyed early Adult Swim enjoyed the majority of its body of work, because it was all approved by the same guy with his tastes in mind. Now Mike Lazzo is gone, and they're trying to widen their demographic, and the audiences for [AS] are split up all over the place. Some show up for Primal, some for Rick & Morty, some for Tuca & Bertie, a very small amount for that Ghost Mom show.

I still regret paying to see Encanto in theatres. I wouldn't have hesitated with Turning Red

>What the hell went wrong?

Any Forums will get mad at me for saying this, but white people were responsible for Pixar's golden age. We don't get smart movies made by smart people anymore. We just get emotional schlock that screams loudly but has no edge to it. That's a by-product of PoC directors and writers who have a hidden agenda to cater to. The stories suffer as a result.

You look back at 1995-2009, and you see tales that inspire and relate to everyone, no matter your creed or color. They where universal stories where the best of humanity is explored and reciprocated.

Now? Now it's all about "this person is gay omigosh" or "dude these 2 underage boys DEFINITELY want to fuck" or "haha looool so quirky animay chink girl twerking".

I'm not even sure if it's worth getting worked up over. There doesn't seem to be a way out of this, sans maybe Bob Chapek finally shuttering the studio down or downsizing it immensely for Disney+ fodder (See: Win or Lose). I already have a decades worth of fine films to indulge in every now and then. I don't need more. Pixar, the one we used to know, is long gone now. What remains is a husk, puppeteered by people who want nothing more than to curbstomp your face in at the slightest opportunity.

Attached: 1617999409416.jpg (1000x662, 57.21K)

Pixar should finish the thief and the cobbler.

How long ago was Ratatouille

Up was not good. The first 15 minutes is literally the only good part.

Their policy to do a sequel every 3 or so years.

15 years this summer

Luca was a better film than Soul