I find Captain America to be borderline offensive, because to me the reality of World War II was very human people...

>I find Captain America to be borderline offensive, because to me the reality of World War II was very human people, ordinary flesh-and-blood guys who slogged it out in miserable, flooded foxholes. So adding some fantasy superhero narrative, that has always annoyed me a little bit."

Does Ennis know that Captain America was made by an actual World War II veteran?

Attached: Garth Ennis.jpg (474x266, 12.39K)

Does it matter it’s just a comic book?

He was a propaganda character made by a non-veteran who later went to war. Most of the character by this point has that war-experienced Kirby influence, so I don't know what his problem is.

>goy misunderstands superheroes
Color me shocked.

Attached: Stan-Lee-Smoking.jpg (800x441, 56.4K)

IKR? It's all about them shekels

>Actual veteran

Non combat veteran

Also the soldiers loved Cap

Kirby saw combat

Ennis has a point, in the sense that wars are won by collective efforts of ordinary people who aren't really "heroes." Using that to critique Captain America seems like he's missing the point, but I feel like Any Forums doesn't give Ennis the proper benefit with some of what he's saying.

Has Ennis actually been in a fight in his life? He loves characters that are simultaneously down to earth yet hyper competent, but I don't think he knows anyone resembling that IRL. For him some grungy guy with a gun IS fantastical.

Pretty sure actual WW 2 soldiers did not give a shit and there are photos of them reading Captain America comics.

The co-creator of Cap, who created him as a political statement pre-American entry into WW2 and fought under General Patton didn't mind.

Attached: RCO022_1582341303.jpg (1257x1600, 688.31K)

Man. An Ennis or Mills story about Cap being in the shit with the Soldiers, juggling dealing with gonzo superweapons and banal ugly troubles of invading and occupying a country would be awesome. But Mills hates superheroes, Ennis is a berk and Ezquerra is dead so I have no idea who's be on art.

for the record, neither did soldiers. Chickenhawk Ennis projects too much

Attached: RCO023_1582341303.jpg (1257x1600, 737.33K)

No, he's just a concerntrolling faggot who's never done a fucking thing of note in his life besides write edgy fiction and needs to project his anxiety about that outwards instead of own it and address it

Cowardly potato nigger doesn't understand heroism, news at 11. If he was Captain war shirking terrorist that Irish shit would be sucking his cock.

No

Dude has a point and I am perplexed by the people who say he doesn't get heroism.

>Ennis has a point,
not really. It's arguable if he even has a pennis

Alright OP. You tried this yesterday. I have yet to meet anyone in combat arms who takes offense to Ennis's take on soldiers. What's with the hate train? And do you have millitary/combat experience?

I'd actually like to hear your choice of who does this shit well, among currently active writers.

Drunken irish throwdons.

>For him some grungy guy with a gun IS fantastical.
he grew up with the Ulstermen vs IRA. More thugs than warfare, but definitely grungy guys with guns.

Attached: troubles960[1].jpg (960x620, 196.69K)