Which Greek myth hero would you want to write a comic about?

Which Greek myth hero would you want to write a comic about?

Attached: theseus-and-the-minotaur-matthew-kocvara.jpg (900x584, 144.08K)

an anthology of sorts with all of them, change nothing, just make the art cool

This would work.
Greek Myths are really messed up, and rarely translated accurately. There is a ton of great materials for comics.

Medusa

Sauce?

Did Theseus get a movie? He's the one major hero I don't know about.

Odysseus is a good one, you could tie Rome in too because their founding myth involves his crew.

Henry Cavil played him in Immortals, but that was a weird hodge podge of a movie that didn't really have anything to do with his myth

Odysseus

Attached: unknown.png (760x596, 766.88K)

It would take a lot of interpretation, which is the fun part

An AU where Perseus and Medusa team up to take down Athena and Poseidon. There's also a subplot where the pair strive to rescue his mother Danae from King Polydectes.

Oedipus
But as a shota

i'm more interested in the monsters and the various children of the gods and fantasy creatures

I guess Andromeda can just eat shit.
But I'm pretty shocked that in all the years of revising Medusa as a tragic victim nobody ever did something with that.

Attached: Medusa.webm (1600x800, 1.92M)

That would be a good series. For instance, you could have an issue where the royalty of Minos try to figure out how deal with the Minotaur. Then the next issue could be them constructing the maze and placing him there. It could also explore how the Minotaur views his situation. You could take it where he has average intellegence or that he is very simple. Maybe he tries to make friends, but his nature overtakes him and succumbs to the monster gradually.

Fuck, a Minotaur comic would be killer.

Heracles set during the Gigantomachy

Attached: 1617300818821.jpg (600x602, 31.96K)

The Minotaur is one of the best characters in Greek myths. He's really prince Asterion, the tragic demigod monster who was cruely imprisoned by his family in darkness since birth and satiated with human sacrifice. He has the heart of a man beyond his beautiful nature but was raised and treated as the consequence of a terrible curse. He occupies the nightmares of Athenian children and is viewed almost like a devil to their people.

A series about Theseus that captures his long quest of freeing Athens from the subjugation by King Minos and the tributary human sacrifices to the Minotaur would be the best possible Greek myth comic.

Attached: e3d7028aba8034e9f1c0813d3a38bc80.jpg (699x900, 107.73K)

Both Theseus and Asterion are sons of Poseidon and have their dates intertwined together. They're conflict is often expressed in Jungian psychoanalytic terms as representing the inner conflict in man's psyche between his higher noble nature and his lower beastial nature, with the Labyrinth representing exploring the recesses of the subconscious to face this inner conflict

Attached: andrew-morris-minotaurflat1.jpg (1920x1920, 546.09K)

Titanomachia I guess.

Attached: Oedipe TheWitch_021.jpg (1920x2591, 1.04M)

The battle against Medea, King Minos and the Minotaur is only the first half of the story as well. After Theseus liberates Athens and becomes King, he establishes the Acropolis and embarks on an expedition to the land of the Amazons where he falls in love with the warrior princess Antiope and takes her back to Athens to make her his wife, which results in the invasion and war between the Amazon's and Athenians. There are many differing accounts of this myth

Attached: Amazons.jpg (520x281, 51.57K)

Hercules would be a good movie I think

There's way too much content for 1 movie