JLA Avengers reprint

>Be me
>Try to scoop up a deluxe Hero Initiative JLA Avengers on eBay
>Holy shit
I didnt think the scalping would kick in this hard or fast. Should I get one anyway and just eat ramen for a month, Any Forums?

Attached: 2D60A243-A064-4653-8EDD-0C0810FDC98A.jpg (702x1013, 258.4K)

nah

My comic shop told me they’re just getting their copies to scalp on eBay and donate the proceeds, I think that’s all that was ever going to happen

Bots ruined the internet.

I'm not surprised since it was announced as DM only but it sucks. My "local" is an hour away and probably sold out by now

Don’t remember it even coming out. My store must not have gotten it

Release date isn't until next week.

Disgusting

That’d be a nice move, hope it is true.

I heard the print run was only 7000 bc that’s how many they could print while Perez is still alive. Nice move but hope it means we get more printings later.

That sounds nice at first, but after thinking about it for 10 seconds it disgusts me just as much as normal scalping.

Lots of stores are doing that. Some are doing raffles and donating the money from them.

Well, as long as it’s going to the charity and people are willing to pay, I guess it’s not the worst thing in the world.

Is this a good time or a bad time to try and sell my New Teen Titans 1

So-so. You could probably get $40. I think it's too late to get it signed.

I'd wait until a movie or something big with the TV show happens, or just hold onto it.

It's a HUGE legal mess to make this happen to begin with, so this limited number of issues was the best case scenario of a really bad situation, which is George Perez on his deathbed as we speak. My LCS owner, who's been in the business since the 80s and chats with guys like Mark Waid, confirmed as such. Too many corporate fuckheads and rights in play, so comic shops are lucky to get two or three of these despite the charitable donation. My LCS's idea was to just silent auction what little he would get, and then donate the sum to the charity.

>Reprint of a mini series from almost 20 years is more valued than every other graphic novel and floppy published this year
Do you think anyone would be clamouring for reprints of any of the current comics 20 years from now?

It's largely the licensing and legal shit that's making this so sought after. The last print was years ago too. Comparing it to a regular run in that sense is apples and oranges

I hope some of these scalpers are giving money to charity. I’ve seen a couple of comic shops holding like raffles and shit

I managed to get my NTT first appearance of Frankie Kane/Magenta signed shortly before he announced his illness, George is the sweetest dude.

Hopefully anybody scooping big money off Perez books is at least donating a good chunk of change to Hero Initiative, yeah

Apparently Ike is the only one holding things up for more crossovers and whatnot

this story sucked anyway amalgam was the final form of dc/marvel this was a huge step backwards

But I think it's safe to say those people would have paid for it anyhow. Now they have to pay an inflated price just because.
It's all for a good cause, but if they wanted to raise that much money per book, they could have just priced it that way themselves. It seems less than admirable.

oh that makes sense. Doubt I'd get it anyway