Black and white comics

Are there any good black and white Batman and/or Superman comics?

How come that so few western comics come in black and white? My personal experience that a lot of Italian artists do it this way, but the second a comic gets labeled a graphic novel or if it's American, it gets painted almost immediately. I don't know why I prefer b&w - maybe it's reminiscent of older films or maybe I just like the perceived contrast more, but color in comic books doesn't tingle my senses.
What are your favorite black and white comics?

Attached: 91YAB4sq8kL.jpg (1425x2156, 558.41K)

Who cares, its purely looks lmao.

Is this a joke?

Euros in general seem more likely to publish without color. It's probably the large difference in comic cultures and histories around the world. You can still find a lot of B&W stuff from the States, though. It just won't be anything from the Big 2 outside of their theme books like Batman Black and White or the Superman and Wonder Woman equivalent.
I think just pure pen and ink is seen as more of an artist's artist thing, purely about craft, so it doesn't have the same widespread appeal here.

>Are there any good black and white Batman and/or Superman comics?
Batman Dailies
Batman manga
Superman Dailies

Attached: highway star.jpg (388x588, 103.19K)

>How come that so few western comics come in black and white?
They don't need to. That's really all there is to it. They couldn't afford the most diverse colour selection but the final colours were still factored into every stage of the process. Manga were printed in larger volumes on even shittier paper except collected versions, which were still kept black and white to save on cost.

Are there Superman and Wonder Woman black and white equivalents to Batman's?

>Batman manga
Is this worth reading?

Sure, but many still don't consider black and white an artistic choice or style which is at least semi weird to me

>I think just pure pen and ink is seen as more of an artist's artist thing
this is just idiotic.The IDW Artisan editions allow for seeing art like that, and it's great, but since the colour was always *part of the craft* it always feels like that's missing.

Pretty bad desu, they ham fisted a bunch of their shitty gay writers in and euros don’t understand batman at all.

>Are there Superman and Wonder Woman black and white equivalents to Batman's?

red white and blue
black and gold

>Sure, but many still don't consider black and white an artistic choice or style
why would they? Culturally they didn't have the financial requirement to go black and white so didn't need to structure their art around it. It's like asking why mangaka don't consider full colour as "an artistic style or choice". It's just not something required or desired in most cases

True, only American kikes with mutilated cocks like Tom King, Bendis and Snyder understand the REAL Batman. Morrison? YUCK!

And they’re even worse.

What should have been simple soft canon adventures were turned into more soapboxing as if there isn’t enough of that in ongoings.

I never said that. I just said Europeans don’t. They also always insist on a redesign and they’re never good. European takes on Batman make Hollywood shit look good by comparison.

>Is this worth reading?
Yeah its a fun/short read. Some interesting stories, Jiro Kuwata was a solid artist

Sin City are great b&w comics. Shame that the stories from the second movie stayed exclusive to the second movie and never got a graphic novel made.
I still reread my copies every few years.

There's an entire line of uncolored Batman TPBs.

Just search for "NOIR" versions. I can't remember of them doing it for Superman, but there's at least five or so of these collections for Batgod.

>colour was always *part of the craft*
There's plenty of history of just pen and ink illustration, in comics and out. This discussion becomes longer and more complicated if we want to talk about how it's often done, especially in American comics, where some other guy comes and colors your work after you're done, too.

No one has posted TMNT and I am upset at this!

REEE

Attached: tmnt-origin-104204.png (600x875, 543.64K)

marvel essentials
dc showcase

also

sin city
cerebus
bone
love and rockets
crumb
tnmnt

my favorite are still argentinean comics
and yeah, italian comics... pratt, milazzo, stano, alessandrini