Adult Swim April Fools

21 days till April Fools, why haven’t I seen anyone talking about what AS might do this year? It will be on Thursday night year. If they double dip we could see something early in the night Friday too.

Last year was Adult Swim Jr with an episode of R&M and ATHF redubbed with kids doing all the voices. The ATHF one was a bit more creative rather than just being a straight redub.

Last years prank was incredibly disappointing, being only 45 minutes long. It felt more like an afterthought they rushed out rather than an actually thought out prank.

Attached: A2626FE5-716B-4489-937B-8CEB8D5563D0.jpg (1170x877, 705.22K)

subscribe to HBOMax to find out!

I hope it's something good. All this discovery merger news is killing my vibe

probably smiling friends played in reverse or something

Last year really spoiled any excitement for future pranks. It’s obvious that Discovery thinks it’s a stupid thing to do, and last year they were talked into it late which is why the prank was so rushed and shitty

>Its an ep of what the Renaissance Men were doing on the trek to town ending with them shooting at the Frowning Friends

>why haven’t I seen anyone talking about what AS might do this year?
Because last year's April Fools was half-assed and it proved that [adult swim} without Mike Lazzo is just another soulless network. And if that wasn't bad enough they didn't fucking do anything for their 20th anniversary, they're done as a network that tries to do interesting things.

IMO the last 2 years haven’t been good, but last year in particular was the worst of all time.

Last year was AT&T still. The Discovery merger is still too fresh/unfinished to see any real changes this year though, I think.

What's worse is that last year's prank had the potential to be one of the greatest but then it just ended.

Nobody's talking because last year's was so shit no one thinks they're even gonna bother this time.

Was the year before last Gamusetto or Post Malone? Post Malone one was kinda neat but I wish they fucked with the episodes more than they did.

Whatever it was, it was obvious that the corporate mindset had taken over.

the guy with the tats was pre-primal

2019 was Gemusetto. That prank was retroactively ruined by making that into an actual show rather than a one night fever dream parody
2020 was Post Malone. It didn’t really feel like a prank though, just them vomiting out pilots and teasers of upcoming content

the potato chip guy? fuck that was like 2 years ago. i remember that because of the smiling friends promo

You really think the new overlords who started squeezing credits and used a CN credit frame for 3 months is going to spend a dime on a prank?

It can’t possibly be worse than last year, right? Considering they already burned the “do nothing lol” option in 2016

This year they'll "do nothing lol" but unlike in 2016, this time it won't be on purpose. They genuinely are going to forget they were supposed to do a prank.

WHAT I WANT: Constantly spamming The Groovenians the entire night, or TCM taking over and playing Song of the south
WHAT WE WILL GET: weed jokes or crypto

So it seemed, yeah. Lot of despair in the threads that night. Adult Swim Jr. had a lot of potential, but the money clearly wasn't there. I think we only got what we did because Wendy's directly sponsored.
It's yet to be seen if the Discovery merger will restore some of the soul, or if its too late. Streams didn't magically come back once AT&T left, but who knows what the transition is like. I wouldn't take this year as a last chance, but if shit still sucks next year, we're in trouble.

>weed jokes or crypto
At this point I'll take that over a short half-assed prank or literally nothing.

Russia hyjacks adult swim all the episodes are in Russian, the text idents is in Russian, and are Russian themed

Just air a new episode of Primal

That actually sounds like what Any Forums might do this year. Considering the last two pranks were topical.

>spamming The Groovenians the entire night
What would be better is if they made it an actual show and perimed the entire series that night out of no were