Why is the average "adult cartoon" actually LESS mature than the average kids cartoon?

Why is the average "adult cartoon" actually LESS mature than the average kids cartoon?

Looking for truly adult shows like KOTH is like trying to find a piece of hay in a needle stack.

Attached: Evil Morty.jpg (250x396, 15.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xQ9iwfWwk0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mature media is better served by comics or radio plays. Adult cartoons don't bring much to the table being cartoons, other than the rare exceptions.

Appealing to the LCD. Sad but true

watch Kevin Spencer

"Adult" cartoons are made for ultimate retards, people who get progressively dumber with each year

People misuse the word mature very widely. What is meant by "mature media" is grotesque offensive media we don't want the kids seeing. Mature as in adults-only. This in no way makes anything ACTUALLY mature. Kids smoke and get violent and drunk and all that crap when parents aren't around in an attempt to look "mature", and in doing so demonstrate how mature they AREN'T by being flagrantly irresponsible and impulsive. This edgy shit isn't mature in the true sense of the word, you are not more mature for partaking in it nor is adult media automatically mature because of the offensive material it has.

Adult media can be LEGITIMATELY mature in ways kids media can't, of course, but in practise that's not usually what happens. Most "mature" media merely has that label because they want to get away with graphic and upsetting imagery. An ACTUAL mature story or piece of media is usually either kids media or just family-friendly with no intended age. That's where you usually go to when you want to write a quality story, rather than something that rides on its shock value.

Adult media is rarely mature at all, it is usually quite infantile because believing that gore and sex and drugs is automatically going to make your story "mature" is, ironically, a very puerile and naive view to have.

I'm going to offer a refutation, or at least argue the semantics so we can bid on those. I'll agree that mature media is usually graphic violence and complex themes. I've always viewed adult media as something that would bore children and be very divisive among teenagers and young adults. I think explicitly adult media relies on mature issues in the sense of complex themes and naturally filters those outside the intended audience.

pic unrelated, or related but not under usual definitions

Attached: 1586231027776.jpg (2244x3366, 1.66M)

It's aiming for the middle school to college demographic, not actual adutls.

>adult shows like KOTH
I love KOTH but would say its pretty tame.... Not a criticism.
I think it fits as a "family show", where there's content and lessons for everyone.

>Why are cartoons for a mature audience not mature?
Because "for a mature audience" is referring to literal age while you're using the definition of nature related to decorum
That's called conflation and you retarded faggot kids do it every five seconds in garbage semantic arguments because you didn't pay any attention in school.

Congrats: you're as fucking retarded and oblivious as Dobson.

Attached: tumblr_85760288d49a6021aef873cc964f0fcb_3eae3e04_540.jpg (241x810, 88.93K)

Because real adults don’t watch Any Forums they watch Any Forums.

You too, dipshit. You need to learn that words have multiple meanings and you can't just switch meanings mid-argument. Read a book.

Attached: sprigatito-pokemon.gif (498x460, 389.6K)

basically "adult" cartoon is more a rating label than anything else, not a reflection of maturity

it mostly just means a show has foul language and/or sex

Dobson looks like a naked mole rat.

Attached: tumblr_4e39a838fbf031fe7f3510c07763b380_638f94c0_400.jpg (398x599, 57.69K)

Tell that to the writers of those cartoons you fucking dolt.

When the Moomins of all things - when the forbidden HORSE cartoon, even - have more of an 'adult' feel to them than adult cartoons, then something is wrong. And to make it really fair, even kids' comedy shows are more mature. King Arthur's Disasters for one happy birthday Rik South Park is an exception because it's more than just toilet humour, and it's a satire.

Go cry somewhere else FASCIST!

Because cartoons are seen as a childish medium, therefore adult cartoons feel they need to over compensate.

>I didn't read what you wrote but I'm going to pretend this response is related to your post
Jump off a bridge you fucking moron

>Why do we call actors "movie stars" if they're not giant balls of ionized gas produced by atomic fusion?

Attached: abzQn58_460s.jpg (460x393, 18.42K)

i don't think you realize how immature the average kids show can be
youtube.com/watch?v=xQ9iwfWwk0s

>go cry some where else FASCIST
What did i just read?

If I want adult animation I'll watch anime, Also name one, ONE kids show in the last 10 years that is genuinely mature and not just "WHOAAAA THAT IS SO HECKIN DEEP AND DEPRESSING AND SERIOUS"

The most popular kids shows today are for young adults.

The most popular adult shows today are for stoners.

Guys I don't get it he's called Batman but I've never seen him use a bat
What a joke

Attached: 41q33aIxs2L._AC_SX425_.jpg (425x410, 7.25K)

>South Park is an exception because it's more than just toilet humour, and it's a satire.
Please tell Me what this "more" is, if it's being SO DARK AND SERIOUS GUY!! then your opinion is immediately discarded. Edgy shows like South Park and Family Guy trying to be serious while giving us loads of shitty fart jokes always end up falling flat on themselves. Those two will never be dramedies like Classic Simpsons and King of the Hill.

Attached: Screenshot_2021-11-02-15-55-14-539.jpg (613x576, 115.78K)