How dare they have a female character with flaws!

screenrant.com/king-hill-show-revival-peggy-bad-mom-problem-fix/

How dare they have a female character with flaws!

Attached: FNRODiTWYAQqTWK.jpg (1440x1758, 291.48K)

>Poochie needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine.

>homer needs to stop being a bad dad.

Peggy was always a Mary Sue.

mary sue implies she was incapable of failure. and she sucked at everything, she was just full of herself.

God I hate these clickpait pages
Mary Sue implies freedom from consequences for their mistakes, ie everything always works out for them. Which Peggy kind of is, but it makes sense (ie being so bad at spanish that Mexican coourt deems her effectively retarded)

It's literally like the only show where a dad is presented as competent and well-meaning (but flawed). Every other show presents the dad as a retard who is always wrong, often also fat, etc. In pretty much all sitcoms, animated or otherwise. American Dad, Family Guy, The Simpsons, Dinosaurs, Everybody Loves Raymond, According to Jim, Home Improvement, etc. And it also presented Peggy as flawed, probably moreso than Hank (but still well-meaning). It was basically revolutionary but they can't let even one show go against the grain.

There's also Bob's Burgers. Linda is much dumber than Bob.

It's true. I always hated Peggy and find she brings down the show.

These people actually have an outlet to speak. LOL.

People here constantly complain about Peggy's flaws though. Either way Mike Judge confirmed the reboot was canned so it doesn't matter.

>Mary Sue implies freedom from consequences for their mistakes, ie everything always works out for them
what are you talking about? their are so many episodes where that doesn't happen.

>Mary Sue implies freedom from consequences for their mistakes, ie everything always works out for them.
ive never heard mary sue used in this way
this definition would apply to almost every sitcom character so it's useless here

>the character with a fault needs her fault removed or else it's sexist
Heaven fucking forbid a woman has a negative trait

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY A REVIVAL IS ALWAYS A TERRIBLE FUCKING IDEA, FAGGOTS SAY THEY WANT THE SHOW BACK BUT THEN TURN AROUND AND DECIDE THEY WANT EVERYTHING THAT MADE THE SHOW UNIQUE SHAVED AWAY IN THE NAME OF "MODERNIZATION"!

Funnily enough that headline/article is something Peggy would probably write

Women are perfect and blameless, and men are just filthy stupid beasts that exist to serve women.

Every time I see an ugly man I make my boyfriend beat the shit out of him.

Attached: 1550116420894.jpg (876x958, 87.84K)

Your boyfriend seems pretty strong. Let me fight it!

Attached: 3DFB64BE-3CFF-490E-8B8D-9A297F064344.jpg (1080x2254, 211.55K)

>Mary Sue implies freedom from consequences for their mistakes
That’s just called being a woman

My girlfriend used to be like this, she only stopped when I told her she was making me develop insomnia and an eating disorder

But user Peggy is all flaws, if they removed them there wouldn't be anything left

1. Give character flaws = unlikable
2. Give character no flaws = Mary Sue/Gary Stu

Morons who criticize cartoons have no idea what they're thinking about.