WHAT WENT WRONG?

>Batman's narration was cringe at first, but got better as it went on.
>Dano's Riddler was too autistic at times, to the point of unintentional hilarity.
>Movie was overlong and it didn't feel like it earned it, some scenes felt stretched out to pad the runtime.
>The flooding Gotham subplot seemed a extranous to the plot and the resolution was anticlimatic.
>Batman's "death" in the third act was pointless.

Otherwise if was fantastic, 9/10.

Attached: 1646616952691.jpg (1706x2560, 432.13K)

Matt Reeves is a hack. Just like his close friend JJ Abrams.

It's a 0/10, I don't watch anti white products

>Batman's "death" in the third act was pointless.

Wrong. The whole movie is about how he wants to be Edgy Vengeance Man and he thinks its working. By the end of the movie he realizes that he fucked up, because all the other psychos see him enacting his version of "justice" and have decided to do the same. Being Vengeance just makes everybody including the bystanders think he's just fucked in the head. When he realizes that the Riddler and his goons think they are cut from the cloth as him, he is horrified. Soon after, he essentially sacrifices himself by cutting the live wireand falling into the water.

In doing so, he kills his "Vengeance" persona and baptises himself, rechristens himself as a hero. Rather than be the thing lurking in the shadows, he instead choose to lead innocents out of the shadows and into the light.

The product placement was really forced and awkward.

You forgot.

>The woke subtext.

Joker was a fucking miracle in retrosoective

Attached: 1644679021596.jpg (317x310, 14.49K)

>Batman's narration was cringe at first, but got better as it went on.
yeah that's Batman
>Dano's Riddler was too autistic at times, to the point of unintentional hilarity.
I mean Riddler always been a goofy nerd so that's fine.
>Movie was overlong and it didn't feel like it earned it, some scenes felt stretched out to pad the runtime.
I can agree
>The flooding Gotham subplot seemed a extranous to the plot and the resolution was anticlimatic.
No they need something big to end it on and Riddler wanted to be remembered so it works
>Batman's "death" in the third act was pointless
It's a movie you need drama.

>It's a movie you need drama.

I guarantee you nobody in this big blue planet believed even for a second that Batman would die there.

The characters did.

That's not enough.

he went out because he saw people in the path of the swinging electric cable, yet when he falls there's nobody around that needs saving

wtf reeves?

there's nothing wrong with being woke :)

Water is conductive, user.

(Well, actually pure water isn't conductive, but water almost always has conductors like salts dissolved within it)

no, my point is where did the people go

shot 1: he sees a crowd, with one person clearly in the path of the swinging cable
shot 2: he jumps onto the cable and severs it, falling to the floor
shot 3: he lands, and nobody is around, everyone's on the scaffolding

They, huh, swam away.

You fucking communist

They drowned.

The ending was a little messy and the main cast felt very disconnected from the people of Gothom. It definitely never felt like more than a few hundred people were there, and for Batman's weird sacrificial leap into a drop that he survived no problem never felt motivated by any character on the ground. Idk maybe the could have shown the old mayor's kid stuck in the water or something. Also make Batman more injured because there was no reason he couldn't just hold his grapple hook while cutting the wire but I don't think that will ever not look silly

I loved it

Attached: 1639332231162.gif (1173x480, 3.72M)

>there's nothing wrong with being woke

Attached: deadset,the endtimes are right upon us now..gif (297x200, 471.3K)

>Batman dodges bullets from one guy
>gang of mooks attack Batman one at a time
>Batman dodges bullets from several goons
>Batman survives an IED explosion from point-blank with little to no apparent damage, wakes up in the police station surrounded by cops
>Batman dodges bullets from tens of policemen
>Batman dodges bullets from several goons, again
>Batman gets a shotgun shell to the chest, falls down, gets up
when will this stop

>batman cuts wire to sacrifice himself like Iron-Man at end of the movie
>drop is so low he gets up right away
The fuck? He didn't even need to quip about shawarma as there was no tension to break, it felt like he fell a handful of feet

Attached: 843.jpg (680x989, 68.65K)

there is no woke subtext you schizo
>anime reaction image
oh so you're retarded, got it

Why didn't he just cut the wire a little lower so he could keep hanging on?

based

just turn your brain off bro

he’ll still get shocked, stoopid.