What Do You Call A Riddler Who Is Not The Riddler?

A disappointment.

Why do people do this? Why adapt a character if you want to change everything about them? Why not just use Zodiac killer if you fucking love him so much, Mr. Reeves (who is reading this).
The fact is, this is not the Riddler. The Riddler does not give a single fuck about social issues, about righting the wrongs of society, he couldn't even pretend to care enough to gather a following of like-minded individuals. The Riddler is an egomaniac and that's it. He doesn't "cope" with puzzles, he doesn't find them "comforting," he uses puzzles as proof of his own superior intellect. That's it.
And Riddler doesn't just fucking kill people like some serial killer - he's more like Jigsaw than the unibomber. He has exactly one deathtrap in this movie that the victim could theoretically survive and the riddles weren't even hard, because this green clue fucker doesn't care about questions, only answers. He literally wants people to answer his riddles like a bitch.
Why does he even think Batman is smart? At no point does Batman ever prove himself by besting Riddler, he just follows his clues like a dog on a leash, doing exactly what Riddler wants.
I know some people liked him, but I'm not wrong, and I don't understand why this keeps happening. This goes beyond costume design. Why adapt a character in name only?

Attached: dezd30b-9bf67e8c-612b-4d88-a8f2-cd7a77f7a272.jpg (1200x1601, 134.98K)

I thought he was more of a Mark David Chapman type. But you're not wrong that it's not much fun seeing Batman go around only reacting to the shit he sees. It also lowers the stakes seeing Bat-armor soak up bullets like he's a Kryptonian.

Do you even know what an "adaptation" is?

>The Riddler does not give a single fuck about social issues, about righting the wrongs of society
Neither does this one. If you actually watch the movie like an adult instead of seeing through the eyes of a child you'll realize the entire climax of the movie is about how the Riddler was just enacting a petty revenge plot, which is literally the backbone of all the best interpretations of the character.
This is probably the closest he's ever been to his actual post-crisis comic character.

>The Riddler does not give a single fuck about social issues, about righting the wrongs of society, he couldn't even pretend to care enough to gather a following of like-minded individuals.
I haven't seen the movie, but the supposed zodiac killer didn't do this shit ether, so what the fuck is this influence from? The need for every modern villain to be hyper sympathetic?

He seemed to be a blend of Riddler and Anarky

It means copying from one medium to another, not making a new thing and pretending it's the old thing

>He doesn't "cope" with puzzles

Attached: Batmam-Vol.-1-179-1966.jpg (1198x914, 311.91K)

I was expecting something like Kevin from Sin City kinds of creepy.

Instead I got a Sperg who literally REEES and is just a Ledger Joker knock-off

Petty revenge is If You're So Smart Why Aren't You Rich? from Btas - the Riddler targets one specific guy who fucked him over. It's personal. Flooding the city because of corruption and a shitty childhood is caring about social issues like a le blackpilled doomer mass shooter.
>best interpretations of the character
name one

How is that coping? Puzzles are a compulsion, not a blanket that keeps him safe from the big bad world

He reminded me of The modern Riddler a lot just the design was zodiac as fuck, also reminded me of demon possessed Dark Knight Dark City Riddler.

Attached: dark knight dark city.jpg (1823x1569, 1.59M)

Heathe legders joker has been described as a totally new character, yet he’s beloved.

His take really not as far remove from the comics as people think and same with Riddler, they both take bits and pieces from other things and other things outside comics and make it into something new but roots of characters are still there.

So this is, what, six active threads of Mousecucks desperately coping and concern trolling because once again DCkino has elevated the genre out of the MCU capeSHIT? Mousefans are really getting concerned huh.

Only character I can think of who really just the character in name only is Bane in almost all media outside of comics, they never done him justice.

>It also lowers the stakes seeing Bat-armor soak up bullets like he's a Kryptonian.
Not really. For every bullet he tanked he got this shit wrecked in by something else. There's multiple scenes in the film where he's clearly forcing himself to keep going after taking some wild impact damage. Specifically the bomb and the multiple times he takes a shotgun to the chest.

He floods the city because he just wants to be remembered, like he explicitly states at the end, and hates the city and its elite because of his shitty childhood growing up in the system as an orphan. He hates the Waynes because the orphanage was the old Wayne mansion and he had to be constantly reminded of Bruce's wealth. It's literally as personal as it gets. And yeah, he's also a doomer mass shooter with an online following, which is actually a pretty cool touch.

>name one
TAS, The Batman (the cartoon), Zero Year, Run Riddler Run and the edgy serial killer take is pretty much straight out of Dark Knight, Dark City. This riddler is basically an amalgamation of multiple different versions, while still retaining a unique vibe to him. Burton's and Nolan's villains often took way bigger liberties with their interpretations. You're just grasping at straws.

Also this is a Batman who's trying to keep up with a killer who's consistently one step ahead of him, thrown into a web of old conspiracies and sub-plots, and on the brink of sanity. His fighting ability and bullet-proof armor are literally the only thing that makes him slightly "super" in this, it's a much needed device to make him seem the scary unkillable vigilante he's supposed to be.

>multiple times he takes a shotgun to the chest.
wtf

It's several different scenes apart. The second time it happens he's down for almost a minute struggling to move and has to take an adrenaline shot to get back up. The armor's clearly strong but he's not impervious.

>It also lowers the stakes seeing Bat-armor soak up bullets like he's a Kryptonian.
I don’t mind if it is a fantastical Batman on the Justice League who fights wizards and aliens.

This is suppose to be a “realistic” and “grounded” Batman and he has Black Panther levels of armor.

The Riddler should be driven by narcissism and hubris, that he thinks he's above everybody else and Batman, the world's best detective, is a good challenge for him
He shouldn't be driven by being caust out of society
The Riddler isn't sad

Haven't read Run Riddler Run but TAS, The Batman, and Zero Year all have him clearly focused on personal gain, demonstrating intellectual superiority, or avenging himself after being cheated or bested. If he were targeting the wealthy or corrupt, he would give them a chance to solve his deathtrap puzzle before killing them, he wouldn't send a letter bomb like he did with Alfred. Dark Knight, Dark City is pretty edgy, I grant, but I think it's more you who is grasping at straws.
Nolan's villains took huge liberties but both of the four the only good ones (Scarecrow and Joker) were recognizable in their motives and method, at least imo. As always it's all subjective, but I think they let real world influences override the comic character they were adapting.