THE BATMAN HBO Max Spinoff Updates

>GOTHAM PD is no longer happening. The series would have followed a corrupt detective trying to balance his double life amid a crackdown on police corruption following the death of Carmine Falcone. Jeffrey Wright would have a supporting role as Lieutenant Jim Gordon, but HBO Max was not interested in a show about an original character.

>THE PENGUIN is already in pre-production. It will be the first spinoff to release and it might be rated R. Colin Farrell is set to star and the series will follow Penguin’s rise to power following Falcone’s death and the gang war for the remains of his criminal empire.

>There is an ARKHAM ASYLUM project in development that might star Barry Keoghan as the Joker.

>There have been talks about a CATWOMAN project, depending on whether they find a good story and Zoe Kravitz is available to star.

thedirect.com/article/batman-movie-arkham-asylum-spin-off

Attached: 1646590208178.png (770x928, 835.54K)

Cant wait for more penguin kino

>but HBO Max was not interested in a show about an original character
its over central bros

Attached: PORTADA_JPG_WEB_gotham_central_1_integral[1].jpg (1000x1543, 210.15K)

Colin Farrell's penguin was fun, but he's just a generic mobster.

Then it will be easy for them to rip off other better movies and shows about mobsters

>be WB exec
>ruin a BAtman trilogy by drowning it in endless HBO Max spinoffs

Fuck off WB

i like just having movies. I don't want to have to watch 3 TV shows to keep up with what's going on. this comic book shit is getting to be too much like the comics. It slowly kills your interest because there isn't a break from the material for you to yearn for it like we did back in the day.

Samefag

Why does everything need its spin-off series nowadays? Just let us have a solid movie universe without having it get bogged-down by a bunch of different clashing visions.

>YOU NEED TO SUB MONTHLY TO OUR STREAMING SERVICE IF YOU WANT THE WHOLE STORY

So basically penguin when Dini and Timm ruined him

I want and will watch none of it.n

>Rated R
Did a retard write this? TV, even on streaming, is rated MA not R.

>different clashing visions.

Matt Reeves is producing all the spinoffs.

>Did a retard write this? TV, even on streaming, is rated MA not R.
Knowing WB they cancel the penguin tv show in favor of a penguin movie in the last minute. As stupid as that sounds.

I don't know. It could work, but I honestly would rather have them focused on just making good films.

We don't need any spin offs, just do a series of movie till you're done with it love it or hate his Batman, that's one thing Nolan got completely right.

>There is an ARKHAM ASYLUM project in development that might star Barry Keoghan as the Joker.
There are two cinematic Jokers that I'm already waiting to see more of. I don't care about this one.

>There are two cinematic Jokers that I'm already waiting to see more of.

And you won't.

Aren't at least the first two projects basically Gotham all over again?!

Without the cheesy camp

Burton produced Batman Forever

You retarded if you think Joker won't get a sequel.

So not like Gotham Central at all. Glad it's not happening, then. A Jim Gordon series would be cool, but unlikely to actually get made in today's climate.