What was that 70s/70s Batman/Tec issue which was told from the perspective of criminals...

What was that 70s/70s Batman/Tec issue which was told from the perspective of criminals, and Batman was just the supporting "monster" character to them?

Attached: 5132Q6H9FVL.jpg (306x475, 52K)

*70s/80s

Attached: Detective_Comics_439.jpg (1300x1933, 1.13M)

Ah that was it, thanks!!

nice art

Wow. Comics looked so much better back then. What happened?

Well it is Neal Adams in his prime.

Went from artists trying to do as good a job as they can vs professional amateur fanboys

The flashback scenes kn Tom King's Strange Adventures were sort of a nice reminiscent of olden days art. (Apart from the art the book was shit.)

I am tempted to read some 70s Batman, any good stories or runs?

Also curious about this.

O'Neil, Englehart, and Wein runs are all solid.

iPads

digital colors really only work with flat colors, but it’s too expensive to even draw digitally and color by hand because colorists often get paid more than line artists. Also most good artists immediately leave the industry or stop doing interiors because the pay sucks. Even guys who were the goats 5 or ten years ago only do indies with good pay or the occasional cover.

Seconding this, but find old trades or the original print scans, DC fucked the recolors up something bad

This is a really amazing page.

Attached: 1646587917438.jpg (1151x1697, 602.14K)

FYI Darwyn Cooke remade this story in Solo.And while I do like cooke, Theres something to be said about the clean, detailed illustration work of a page like

Attached: Solo-05.jpg (1137x1757, 1.04M)

I liked this one. It’s like an EC comic with Batman as the horror.

What are the best collections of classic Batman? I want old colors or black and white, no recolor.

Strange Apparitions, The Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told (original edition) and for b&w, the Showcase line.

I have Showcase 5 and 6, are there any others I should get? I see them in stores around me a lot

im enjoying all the classic bat threads weve been getting lately ()

what issue was this retelling?