Why did Fox refuse to give us this costume?

Why did Fox refuse to give us this costume?

Attached: 1641578908342.png (1602x1067, 1.7M)

Early on they just didn’t want to look “nerdy” because comic books weren’t in vogue

After the success of the trilogy. He was a big celebrity. I’m 99% sure Huge Jackedman had it in his contract that his face must be visible at all times which precluded wearing a mask

A lot of big actors have this kind of thing in capeshit. RDJ was supposed to have a lot more scenes where he’s just talking and we see the iron man mask, he demanded his face be visible so they made the workaround where we see inside the helmet. Which worked better in the long run

Plus notice how many marvel characters have magical dissapearing helmets now so we get a lot more face shots. Star Lords helmet. Black Panthers. Spider-Man in iron suit.

And how captain America pretty much gives up wearing his for large parts of movies for some reason

My guess is, too campy for general audiences

THey don't give a fuck about source material

Attached: 0E9A736F-2384-4F03-BFDD-AD31566BAA85.jpg (1400x700, 99.07K)

fox were scared of embarrassing comic books , just look at x men origins

Cuz it’s goofy compared to what the audience is fine with already and that’s just Hugh Jackman walking around in a suit or t shirt.

Jarvis makes no logical sense but we all just accept it.

You would rather see yellow spandex?

In general, people relate to faces, and most actors emote with their faces. If anyone would go with the mask, it would actually be Hugh, since until X-Men his primary thing was theater, where physical expression is much more important; people can't really tell if your eye is twitching or whatever. But the industry as a whole just doesn't like masks.

There's really no good reason to wear an eye mask when you're not trying to hide your identity and very few cape films deal with secret identities anymore. It's pretty much just Batman and (until recently) Spider-Man.

I don't know, maybe the helmet can tank some of the bullets instead of them sinking through your flesh and hitting the bone, requiring your healing factor to shit them out?

To operate a suit that complex you'd need an AI running most of it, Tony being inside it at all is what's stretching belief.

Neither does Tony not being tried and executed for creating Ultron.

>But the industry as a whole just doesn't like masks.
It's purely the actors, period. Dredd, Watchmen, Batman, a dozen other things all vastly benefit for having the actors forced to actually wear their masks or helmets or whatever.

Yes, they have to work harder to emote, yes they have to struggle against the constraints of the props and the limitations to their vision or whatever, yes the average viewer may not even realize that it's [FAMOUS ACTOR] on the screen and will instead mistakenly see the person on the screen as the character from the story.

It makes me want to scream every time Bobba Fett takes his fucking helmet off in the new shitbag show. It's doubly highlighted by the fact Pedro Pascal keeps his helmet on at all times (both as a story element but also because the mask is the character).

>Tony being inside it at all is what's stretching belief.
In the comics there are vast stretches of it where he's NOT in the suit and it's just remote controlled.
It was an interesting approach in that while it meant there were no stakes for Tony, in terms of personal danger, they would instead of the suit progressively take more damage and become more ragged and close to the point of failure.
Plus he would have the robot suit do things that exceeded the safety tolerance of a human operator, but yet also meant a greater risk of failure.

You overestimate the pull most actors have and underestimate how stupid executives are. They paid money for a face, they want to see a face. Dredd only did it after much debating where Urban was insisting on it, Watchmen only did it because Snyder slapped them with his auteur card, Batman got to do it because Batman/Bruce is a big part of the first film, and executives like patterns.

>executed for creating an A.I. that correctly identifies humans as the fucking problem destroying planet earth and would stop ultron if he tried to do things peacefully

found the bootlicker

To this day I respect the shit out of Urban for not showing his face once

people go to the movies to see Hugh Jackman not Wolverine

All the women in my family did, at least.

Attached: wolverine-x-men-origins-wolverine-weapon-x-project.jpg (1400x700, 134.42K)