Comics with horrible endings!

ITT: Comics with horrible endings! The comic itself has to be good, but the ending should shit the bed!

So I just read The Jetsons, and the first 5 issues are great. It's a little bit over-dramatic for a Jetsons comic, A meteor is about to hit the earth destroying all life, an ancient primordial sea creature has just been awakened, Spacely Sprocket has a spaceship for the 4 family members but only 3 empty seats, it's high melodrama! But you are interested in the melodrama, you want to find out how Earth and the Jetsons deal with all these disasters!

Then the last issue A magic Alien comes in and fixes everything! Talk about Deus Ex Machina! That itself would have made the comic bad, but the Deus Ex Machina means that no real storylines were concluded. All the melodrama leading up to the conclusion is rendered moot when the alien fixes everything, so no hard choices, no consequences, no real resolution to the melodrama, just everything is now fixed. There's a bunch of random characters introduced, Lake Sprocket, Elroy's friend and the spoiled daughter of Spacely sprocket, George's mom is now Rosy the robot, who chose to have her essence transferred into a machine, there's Jane's co-workers who are classes against blue-collar worker George Jetson, basically a bunch of random characters that seem like they're going to be important. Nope, they might as well not exist in the comic!

Again, for the first 5 issues I was enjoying the comic tremendously up until I got to the turd of an ending!

Attached: Jetsons cover.jpg (1654x2560, 1.62M)

They should've just gotten Russell to do this book in addition to Flintstones and then cross them over. That could've been fun.

HB line overall wasn't that great, but it gave us the Dastardly and Muttley mini and that alone made it worth it.

None of the Hanna-Barbera comics were good.

i would have died on a hill for Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles if it had ended it better.

The weird part is that it seems like The Flintstones and The Jetsons switched genres a bit. The Flintstones cartoon was always just an animated sitcom with dinosaur puns, while the Jetsons was a cartoon with at least a little bit of social commentary (Robot rights, 3-hour work-week, 3-day work-week. Pollution causing everyone to live in the sky). The social commentary was there usually for a bad joke, but it did exist.

The comics sort of flipped it, The Flintstones comics were pure social commentary, and the Jetsons was basically a stereotypical melodramatic comic with nothing to say.

so you just didnt read them then
you know you can just say that were not gonna judge but now were gonna because youre just a fucking blatant liar

I read that ones that weren't supposed to be shit, but they were.

i was being a dick, but respect to you
yeah sorry most where shit but i liked the scooby doo and flintstones as ceingey as they where
i suppose most of the titles had their ups and downs but its better than most shit marvel has put out in the last 50 years

>George's mom is now Rosy the robot, who chose to have her essence transferred into a machine
One of the episodes I remember Goerge wondering way to get Rosie for her mother's day. Tracks down her mom, but is actually unsuccessful in retrieving her before she got scraped. He's only able to bring a blue print of her mom, Rosie not knowing what actually happened is estatic about the blue print.

Attached: jetsons17.jpg (1437x1087, 146.39K)

It's for you

Attached: incoming.jpg (447x615, 168.24K)

Doomsday Clock
The ending shit the bed

I will absolutely defend the Snagglepuss comic.

Attached: 3imqx1.jpg (940x1445, 629.46K)

I remember Jack of Fables' ending pissing me off something fierce

Attached: 1641540885320.jpg (1028x1600, 661.04K)

Fucking Hellboy. It ends with some fucking stupid pterodactyl going "did you hear about that hellboy guy who came and beat up all the other demons and he's the king or whatever, is that fucked up or what" AND THE COMIC IS OVER. After like a decade that's what they give us. I've never seen an author suddenly get so bored or whatever his problem was and just half ass it like that.

I remember hating the Jack of Fables ending as well, but I no longer remember the ending. It felt like Willingham just got tired of writing it and ended it.

Was Future Quest good? I was always really curious about it. It seems like a really fun concept and I liked a lot of their stories in the DC HB trade I got for cheepo.

Attached: 711KnDkjkbL.jpg (772x1200, 253.04K)

I liked the Flintstones and Johnny Quest.
The problem with JQ was that it was just one big crossover. Thats a bad way to start a series. Should have done smaller stories and THEN did the big crossover.
or better yet...reprint the Comico series

It was surprisingly very good actually. Wish there was more of it.

It's good, but raises a good point. It's a lot at once and honestly, unless you're into HB deep cuts it's not super rewarding if you have little to zero familiarity with the properties.
It's one of those things that I liked the idea of rather than the execution, which sucks because the teaser image of Johnny Quest holding a gun to Space Ghost got me hype as fuck when I first saw it.

>Show that Otto might actually be able to be a hero
>Spend the whole series building this up
>Shit on it at the end and undo everything while also referencing/rehashing the most reviled Spider-Man story of all time

Attached: RCO017_1563388307.jpg (1041x1600, 519.89K)

Attached: Serves him right - he trusted Tzeentch.jpg (976x990, 331.31K)

I know the HB characters but a new reader really isn't going to care about the big crossover unless you set the characters up before hand.
We barely get to see Johnny go on any real adventures.