People often say that if superpowers were a thing irl most people would either be completely selfish or outright...

People often say that if superpowers were a thing irl most people would either be completely selfish or outright villainous with them but I unironically beg to differ. You can call me naive but from what I understand about humanity most people would enjoy to be morally righteous but they are stopped by the fact that in our current world for a powerless individual moral righteousness often means being a naive chump who gets taken advantage of or gets hurt while achieving nothing. Superheroes on the other hand are
Powerful and can be morally righteous without looking like a naive chump because their power allows them to act on their better nature without risk of harm or being taken advantage of. Thus I believe that if superpower were real people would become more righteous than ever because their powers allow them to. Of course there will always be bad apples but I honestly believe that a humans inability to be righteous is 90% due to being powerless.

Attached: 33DE0B72-EADB-4C19-BE34-0A938A938B3D.jpg (1000x1000, 156.3K)

Like if I see a guy getting robbed for example I’m afraid to do anything because of what could happen to me if I got involved but if I had invulnerability I would have no fear of BTFOing the robber.

Bullshit, powers would just amplify peoples personality for either good or bad.
Woulnt make too much of a difference as theres no way various organizations around the globe would let the live thier lives in peace.

naive. The average person can't even handle winning a sizable lottery. I'm not sure how you'd think getting real, tangible power would go even better. This is all ignoring how fucked it would be when CIA types get involved because such power wouldn't just be allowed to exist in freedom

Like I said I might seem naive but tell me honestly. If you see some gang of 5 thugs kicking a guy down is it your powerlessness and possibility off getting hurt that is preventing you from helping him or are you just some guy that doesn’t care if innocents get kicked to a bloody stain around you because I’m betting that for most people it’s the former.

I would most certainly be a villain.

I honestly refuse to believe that. Every person I have met has SOME basic sense of morality. I consider myself to be a pretty horrible and uncaring person but if I couldn’t be harmed by conventional means I would want to protect those who have never harmed anyone from aggressors who hurt innocents.

I'm inclined to agree with you. Many American owns guns, a weapon that let you become judge and executioner, but most people don't abuse that privilege. Same thing with Supers I guess.

I’m interested in your though process. I honestly believe that one who has the power to avoid the negative effects of righteousness would be righteous. Why do you think that being a villain is the best path for you? I’m not hating. Im simply seeking to understand why one would think like you.

honestly for me it all depends on the powers i get. if i had a "low tier" power like being invisible or stretching then i would just he a dick but if i had the powers of superman, i wouldn't be a villain
instead i would demand a golden throne and call myself god

You say that but honestly would you? I know I’m repeating myself but honestly if you had such power would you act like you are acting now or would you be better? I believe that when the barrier of weakness isn’t stopping you from being righteous you would be a good person.

I would be a villain and I won't pretend otherwise. Given the opportunity I'd be Superboy Prime.

Attached: DC Villian Political Compass.jpg (3840x3775, 2.58M)

Once again you say that because you are used to being powerless and fantasize about lashing out when you are given power but if you truly did wield it nothing would stop you from being righteous.

Where is Black Hand on this list? Having a zombie army seems cool.

Read Miracleman, OP

Nope

Why?

Everything in it was done better by the first Sentry series later.

I like the Sentry. He’s one of my favorite heroes.

what you cannot understand is that most "villain plans" in comic books are actually good plans irl, for example:
Dr. Doom wants to murder all the ONU and all the presidents of the world, that sounds bad right? a real villain master evil plan
IRL all of them are corrupt, rapists, pedos, satanic drug lords, killing all of them would be something good
another example:
Poison Ivy wants to murder all the dogs in a city because they ruin her plants or something, that sounds really evil and cruel right?
IRL stray dogs suffer a life worse than death, thanks to their massive and fast reproduction, in China for example they're murdered in the worst possible ways, they starve and die in the cold, they just suffer, killing all of them in a painless way would be something good for them, they would stop suffering
a classic one:
Red Skull wants to murder the USA president
IRL killing the entire senate, the CIA and even the NSA could be the best thing for this country because all of them are corrupt to the bone, the entire society needs to start again to become a good place, and again that sounds like an evil plan, but IRL, most evil plans are sadly the good ones, if I had Sups powers, I would murder in the worst possible ways the entire Mexican Cartel in one night, I would crush their heads with my bare hands, that makes me a comic book villain but an IRL hero

Let's be honest, If you would get superpowers, you would either become a soldier for the gouvernment or they would make you the villain. There is no way you could have a normal live with a secret identity.

Also superpowers would not help alot in fighting crime. The issue with crime is not that the authorities do not have the power to stop it, the issue is noticing the crime. And superhearing would make you go insane instead of helping you finding crime.